As a Project Manager, you give direction and will be leading a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled technical experts from both PInS and our customers from initial phase until introduction in the Market (End2End approach). You are responsible for advanced and complex innovative product development in multi-disciplinary projects.
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
- Teaming-up with the Marketing and Sales group to win the project in the acquisition phase;
- Development of a committed project management plan in consultation with customer and management, ensuring requirements and deliverables definition.
- Defining necessary competences and team composition to fulfil the assignment, arrange the necessary resources in cooperation with department heads and group leaders.
- Build the team and give operational guidance;
- Identify Project risks and define risk reduction and mitigation plans;
- Communicate about the Progress towards Customer, Management and Team;
- Manage Stakeholders interests (including the interest of suppliers);
- Monitor and control the work performed and the quality of the deliverables and required corrective actions;
- Deployment of process improvements;
- Report on Employees performance; propose training and advice on career development to Resource managers
Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system design approach which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions especially in concept creation for consumer products and healthcare systems next to high accuracy positioning, and mechanical construction in e.g. lithography systems and magnetic levitation stages. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers
- An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
- A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capacity to put that knowledge into practice -fast.
- Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development.
- Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering the latest implantable medical devices.
- Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
- The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
To be a successful in this role you have:
- A Masters degree in either mechanical, electrical or mechatronic engineering
- 5 - 10 years project management experience in multi-disciplinary projects within the Medical industry.
- Relevant project experience in high precision engineering and ISO13485 Medical Device directive;
- Engineering experience in mechanics and/or mechatronics on a senior level
- Strong technical skills in Project Management;
- PMI/PMP certified (or willing to get certified).
- Experience with leading multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience with ODM (Outsourcing of Design and Manufacturing on basis of in house specification);
- Affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with managing the funnel from relatively vague requirements to well defined project with committed stakeholders;
- You are a team player, with excellent communication skills and a customer centric attitude;