Product Owner FMS
Philips Finance Function consists of four pillars which work together in a coherent way to deliver value for Philips.
• AccOps/ARIC (Accounting Operations/Accounting Reporting & Internal Control) pillar focusses on delivering accounting integrity & transparency; reliable & predictable quality; and efficient operations.
• FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) pillar focusses on increasing Philips value by delivering actionable analysis & insights for decision-making, performance management and execution.
• BP (Business Partnering) pillar integrates Finance expertise into business strategy and operations, leveraging services and know-how from all of our Finance pillars.
• Whereas, the Group Functions provide shared capabilities within specialist areas such as Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations, M&A, and Internal Audit.
• To support financial reporting within FP&A. the Finance Management Systems CoE (FMS) is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of financial systems.
As part of FMS, you will be responsible for guiding the implementation and operations of the Financial systems processing and presenting Actuals for internal reporting (SAP BW) as well as Performance Planning systems (SAP BPC).
In this role, you have the opportunity to
• Support Philips in its preparation in view of its separation of the Domestic Appliance business.
• Become (temporarily) “co-owner” of the systems supporting Financial Performance Management for both Planning and Actual reporting for the New Company.
• Work with a team of developers and operation specialists (admins) building the IT environment of the New Company.
• Work in a fast-paced environment.
You are a part of
Finance Management Systems (FMS) within the Financial Planning & Analysis department. This group is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of financial systems for the full FP&A pillar within the Philips Finance Function.
Your regular work location will be Eindhoven in the Netherlands but remote (home) location will be required as long as the Covid19 situation prescribes it.
You are responsible for
You are part of the Integral Result Management (IRM) team owning the internal reporting tool for managing financial performance as well as the financial planning platforms (SAP BPC) relevant for the New Company. Those responsibilities include:
• Guide the IT team in their copy and streamlining the new company to-be systems. This may include answering questions regarding Data Modelling, requesting of Process Chain creation or other automation and optimization.
• Participate in test and validation cycles. This may require some understanding (reading) of ABAP transformations.
• Adapting the required documentation for business users.
• Support quality and timely process output for presenting information to finance leadership.
• Evaluate impact and advise prioritization of individual project parts.
• Participate in the design of system or procedural enhancements, organize the delivery of system changes to support the New Company.
• Develop and conduct (delta) training sessions for users within the Finance community. Support FP&A colleagues in their daily use of the back-office systems. Provide expert-level support for the financial system/s and processes in scope.
• Work with development team and operation specialists to drive the financial planning and reporting processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Degree in IT, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar work experience.
5+ years of combined experience in SAP BW and BPC combined with a strong Finance acumen.
Team player; You will be part of a high performing team of developers and operation specialists driving the financial reporting processes.
Acquaintance with Lean methodologies is preferred.
Ideally, the candidate would possess most of the following Technical/Functional competencies:
• Proven ability to work in SAP BW. Extensive knowledge of Analysis for Office (AfO) would be a plus.
• Proven ability to work in SAP BPC. Knowledge of Integrated Planning (IP) functions preferred.
• Proven ability to understand and desire to design end-to-end processes or global financial systems.
• A proven track record showing a technical knowledge and functional experience with financial and operational reporting, budgeting, planning, business analytics and data architecture. Understanding data modeling concepts.
• SAP Simple Finance experience preferred.
• Experience in Financial Close processes. Experience in Financial Consolidation is more than welcome.
• Experience with Enterprise planning (process and tools)
• Demonstrated complex problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills, ability to interact effectively with most levels of the organization. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations and trainings.
• Ability to work in a highly dynamic, constantly changing, fast paced environment and handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
• Curious mind-set, quick leaner to interact with highly talented teams.
• Work effectively in a small team. Guide direct reports in their deliverables
• Ability to balance speed and accuracy.
• Can exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
• Take pro-active ownership and accountability for independent (analytical) work, process coordination and improvement.
In return, we offer you
The co-ownership of the flagship solution to plan and manage financial performance of every business unit and market within Domestic Appliance new company.
Room to prove your leadership by coordinating project delivery beyond your responsibilities.
This will bring you exposure to, every management level of the (new) organization.
Succeeding in this role will create visibility and opportunities for your next career steps, in the new company.