Profile: Multi-physics modeling expert
• Physics, aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering, with emphasis on transport phenomena and on multi-physics applications (multi-physics: coupling of heat & complex flow phenomena with other physics phenomena, preferably with acoustics / noise).
• PhD in the relevant areas with significant numerical modeling work, preferably accompanied with more than 2 year relevant working experience in business.
• Significant experience on modeling turbulent flow. Experience with acoustics / noise is a prerequisite. Strong theoretical background required.
• Experience and affinity with CFD modeling and be able to master quickly the relevant software tools. Experience with preferably StarCCM+ , or otherwise Fluent, Ansys CFX or Comsol is required.
• Preferably several years of experience in the relevant fields.
• Strong communication and team player skills are preferred.
• Pro-active approach and critical attitude.
• Immediate participation in project to analyze and improve product with respect to the combination of flow and acoustic behavior, in a strategic area for Philips. Currently planned till end of the year.
• Depending on performance the possibility to work in other Multiphysics modeling projects, in 2019.
Grading: scientist 60.
Must have: CFD experience (StarCCM+ or Comsol or Ansys CFX) with turbulent flow
Nice to have: experience with acoustics / noise
Timing: a.s.a.p. In first instance for 1 project till max end of the year, with options for further projects, depending on performance of the candidate and match with other projects.