The department SME is part of the Supply chain of Philips Personal Health. In the Factory products for Grooming & Beauty, Mother and Child Care and Oral Health Care are being produced. The department contains about 100 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the engineering of new products in the factory. One of these groups is dealing with the measuring competence of parts and for this group we are looking for a Metrology Engineer.
A Metrology Engineer owns the knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a measurement process within agreed performance indicators. He or she is responsible for the development and deployment of measurements of critical to quality (CTQ) parameters to support function development, process development and production processes in the factory. It involves the definition what to measure, the choice of data gathering, development of algorithms to process the data and formulate conclusions with function and process developers.
Different measuring machines (CMM?s) and different sensor technologies are used to measure our 3D shapes in an accuracy range of microns.
The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Assess new product proposals on measurability.
- Coordinate measurement industrialization tasks in SME department and Operations.
- Document measurement solutions.
- Set up a scanning method including machine choice, fixture design and measuring scripts.
- Execute a measuring system analysis to validate the accuracy of the solution.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation.
- Writing of data processing algorithms (Python).
- Ability to communicate on different levels (management, technical specialists, external suppliers).
- Coordinator, Decisive, result driven and creative team player.
- Feeling for Precision Metal Working and geometrical measurements.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- knowledge of Python programming and willingness to expand knowledge (Academic or Bachelor degree)