Mechanical Designer (Freelance)
Experienced Mechanical lead Designer
- Work on the next generation of mechatronic Stands and Tables.
- Capable to lead and finish new designs in close cooperation with suppliers
- At least 10 years experience in an R&D environment.
- Good documentation and design skills.
- Knowledgeable on construction principles, dFMEA, CtQ's/CtS's, DfMAT, IEC60601
- Can communicate clear and concise.
- Understands multidisciplinary stakeholder needs and can translate back to a mechanical solution.
Are you a talented Mechanical Designer with strong skills and experience as Mechanical Designer. Do you have a proven track record in the development of sophisticated mechatronic systems? Do you like working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain? This is a unique opportunity to further grow your career within our IGT-systems business.
As Mechanical Designer, your responsibilities include:
- Initiate, oversee and help execute multi-disciplinary analysis and design activities to improve performance, safety and cost of the system
- Be a reference for the multidisciplinary design team for mechanical design aspects;
- Within new product introduction projects and product life cycle activities you are responsible for requirements, integral design, implementation, test and integration in accordance with the higher level specifications. Including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders such as operations and procurement;
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design (e.g. Design calculations, dFMEA, Field data analysis, verification reporting);
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification;
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture;
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities;
- Contribute to the sourcing strategy including make-buy decisions, supplier selection, and contract management.
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
The R&D organization consists of 450 people, organized around the main functions of the systems that we develop: the image chain, the robotics, the applications and the service and workflow functionality. The Mechatronics Development Cluster is amongst others responsible for the accurate positioning of the patient and imaging equipment. The cluster takes responsibility for all aspects of development including Mechanics, Electronics and Software. We work closely together with several other disciplines within and outside our organization (procurement, operations, service, marketing, quality and regulatory) to ensure the best end to end results. As Mechanical Designer you will be part of the department responsible for User Interfaces, Monitor Ceiling Suspensions, Accessories, System cabling and Cabinets.
We are looking for
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and with at least 10 years of experience in relevant mechanical design and development projects;
- Able to coach and transfer knowledge to others
- Preferably with experience in the Healthcare domain;
- Strong communication skills (English and Dutch), a down-to-earth mentality, ability to lead technical teams and deal with a diverse stakeholder field;
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts/problems quickly, able to create and review technical documents and when needed applies hands on mentality;
- Accurate and quality minded;
- With a proven track record in supplier and stakeholder management.