Function: FPandA analyst EMR and Care management (Freelance)
1. Main purpose of the role
As part of PPA FP&A CoE BG Support, this role will deliver financial planning, reporting and analysis for BG EMR and Care management. This role will succeed the current PPA support for BG EMR AND CARE MANAGEMENT.
2. Position in the organisation
FP&A Analyst will be part of team of Analysts within PPA CoE, reporting into FP&A Lead Personal Health / Connected Care
The person will be working:
- closely with the Amsterdam and Chennai BG Support team;
- together with all CoE across Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Chennai; and
- as integral part of the BG Finance team alongside the Finance Business Partners.
This person should be capable of executing the diverse reporting & analysis activities in the team.
3. Organisation context of role
Philips Finance Function consists of four pillars - AccOps/ARIC, FP&A, Business Partnering & Group Functions - which work together in a coherent way to deliver value for Philips
AccOps/ARIC (Accounting Operations/Accounting Reporting & Internal Control) pillar focusses on delivering accounting integrity & transparency; reliable & predictable quality; and efficient operations.
FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) pillar focusses on increasing Philips value by delivering actionable analysis & insights for decision-making, performance management and execution.
BP (Business Partnering) pillar integrates Finance expertise into business strategy and operations, leveraging services and know-how from all of our Finance pillars.
The Group Functions provide shared capabilities within specialist areas such as Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations, M&A, and Internal Audit.
4. Reporting and other significant organisational relationships
- Reporting to FP&A Team Lead Personal Health / Connected Care within CoE Planning & Performance Analysis (PPA), based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- No direct reports.
- FP&A Analysts from PPA and other CoEs in India Hub.
- FP&A Analysts from the BG support team in Amsterdam
Other significant relationships - internal:
- Business Unit BPs and EMR AND CARE MANAGEMENT Head of Finance:
- Ensure on-time operational delivery at the right quality. Manage stakeholders in the businesses.
- LEAN Masters/Champions: Participate in and contribute to ongoing LEAN initiatives.
Other significant relationships ? external (e.g. customers, suppliers): NA
5. Dimensions/most characteristic quantitative data
Sales value 208M
Adj EBITA -29M
6. Key areas of accountability
- Financial planning and analysis activities on BG EMR AND CARE MANAGEMENT P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Coordinates standard reporting and analytics within the team and across all parties providing information to the team. Identifies and implements opportunities for improving efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analytics.
- Analyses and reports on business performance during monthly & quarterly financial reporting cycles.
- Performs forward-looking ad-hoc analysis, such as project & strategy evaluation, benchmarking, price/volume mix, scenario analysis, etc. Actively contributes to enhancing analytical methodology (both for BG EMR AND CARE MANAGEMENT and across Connected Care BGs).
- Participates in various cross Business Finance improvement projects. Actively contributes to realizing process improvements.
- Understands Philips finance systems, processes and tools.
- Ensures quality, accuracy and integrity of information stored in our systems.
- Ensures use of harmonized analytics/ output within EMR AND CARE MANAGEMENT business lines and BMC reporting, thereby enabling a single source of truth.
- Provide guidance to financial and non-financial stakeholders on FP&A related matters and provide training on new reports, analytics, reporting/ planning instructions, tools, changes, etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timeliness and accuracy of core deliverables (planning, analysis & reporting process, MEC processes).
- Quality and maturity of analytics, measured via NPS score from BG HoF and PPA Lead Personal Health / Connected Care.
- Harmonization & automation of key reports.
7. Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a Business Economics, Finance and/or Accounting orientated study. CA/CPA/CMA/ICWAI/MBA Finance preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive working experience and roles in e.g. Finance, FP&A, financial control, management reporting and analysis, preferably within an international environment.
- Intellectual capacity to digest complex information, see trends & analysis through data.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to multi task.
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, ERP (SAP preferred) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with reporting & analytical tools, like SPSS, Business-Intelligence environments, SQL, etc.
- Delivers meaningful, accurate and timely reporting, analysis and planning support for senior analysts, managers and FP&A stakeholders.
- Strong affinity with LEAN processes and tools.
- Curious mind-set, coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Works efficiently & with eye for detail; high quality standards.
- Self-starter, can work autonomously and sets his/her own agenda.
- Works with multiple internal and external stakeholders to prepare FP&A deliverables.
- Takes pro-active ownership and accountability for independent analytical work or process coordination and improvement.
- Frequently interacts with functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
8. Key Challenges & Complexity
(describe the major challenges in this role, and indicate which elements make these challenges particularly complicated).
- Activities are diversified across many different Markets/BGs/Functions.
- Work remotely from other parts of FP&A while fast turnaround and business/market understanding is required.
- Continuously changing customer requirements