Full-stack Software Designer (Java) - (Freelance)
Philips Precision Diagnostic Solutions, Imaging, and Intervention, Imaging Scanners
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best pathology scanners available, helping the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Precision Diagnostic Solutions aims fully digitizing the pathology workflow. In the Imaging Scanners group, we are developing the next generation of digital microscopes to realize this goal.
As Scanner Software Designer (Front end / Full-stack (Java)), you will report directly to the Software Leader of the Imaging Scanners Software Department.
In the role of Scanner Software Designer, you will become part of the development team designing the Scanner. You will join the Scrum team which develops the Scanner user interface components, the service and manufacturing application, and platform services.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
- The development of the Scanner user interface and the Service and Manufacturing applications.
- Collaborate with UX engineering and Stakeholders to finalize the designs and requirements. Facilitate awareness of the capabilities and limitations of the architecture and identify extensions required to support new functionality.
- Analyze and understand the APIs and services offered by third-party components.
- The design, implementation, and documentation of software modules spanning a range of functionality including user interface components, including component styling (HTML), state machines, and machine process flow control.
- Create/modify Backend functionality to support machine operation, configuration, calibration, and maintenance workflows using structured abstractions on top of the Linux operating system and utilizing a range of micro-services.
- Understanding and communicating the consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture. Create (and execute) tests for your implementations to ensure that, the software in question will be reliable, efficient, and easy to maintain.
- Perform work in line with the product development software engineering processes in accordance with the quality management system
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelors / Master's degree preferably in computer software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in the role of a Senior Software Designer for in-product web application development, on Linux platforms with:
- AngularJS 1.x, Vue
- Testing frameworks (Jest, Jasmine, Node.js) / Browser controllers (Protractor, Selenium) JUnit
- Spring Boot
- Object orientated Software design
- Micro-service architecture (REST APIs)
- Flyway database migration tooling and hibernate
- Scripting (Bash & Python, including Flask)
- Groovy (Jenkinsfile, RS Syslog)
- Linux Operation system (RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Tooling (Intelij, Jenkins, JenkinsFile CI/CD, Docker, Jira, TFS)
Possess the following characteristics
- Have a passion for Code Craftsmanship and clean code
- Ability to pair program and lead by example
- Proficient in test-driven development (TDD) and Behavioral driven development (BDD), with effective usage of mocking frameworks
- Self-starting capabilities and a pragmatic mindset
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English, and preferably (is willing to learn) the Dutch language.
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, ISO13485, IEC62304, etc.) is preferred
- Focus on Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Improvement attitude, lean thinking, continuous improvement
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the DCP leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stake, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future personally, professionally & financially.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.