Embedded Software Tester (Freelance)
Description of the role
As an Embedded Software Tester, you will lead and perform the element-level verification activities of our next-generation electrical breast pump within Mother and Child Care. We are looking for a thorough Embedded Software Tester with excellent Embedded Software Skills, as well as know-how to test embedded software or firmware in medical products. If this resonates with you, we might have the challenge you are looking for!
You are responsible for
- To perform the verification of Embedded Device Software of a (medical) consumer product;
- Adhering to medical standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 62304, FDA, etc.;
- To participate in design reviews and to have a focus on code quality controls (both tools and inspection like reviews) together with the software architect;
- To execute the Software Test Plan and to implement Test Designs and Test Protocols, and automate tests where possible using NUnit and C#;
- To implement Test Automation as part of the overarching Software Test Plan and to optimize throughput time and efficiency in testing;
- Driving functional excellence including continuous improvement of Verification activities by integrating testing activities with CI/CD pipelines for the project
You are a part of
The Philips business group Personal Health delivers innovative lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise delivers innovation that matters to you, meaning that our products are caring, innovative & impactful. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions. The position is part of one of the key growth areas in Personal Health being the Mother and Childcare. Our Breast Feeding Solutions department as part of it is an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different. You will be based out of Eindhoven, the Netherlands, and report to the Group Leader Digital Solutions (R&D), and on a project level into the Software Architect.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor in computer or electrical engineering with experience in testing embedded software.
- Being able to operate oscilloscopes and logic analyzer
- Understanding of digital electronics as input for test definition (I2C, SPI, UART, IO);
- Sound knowledge of C/C++ and C#
- Test automation using NUnit and C#
- Languages: English and Dutch
We operate in a small and dedicated team, the ability to work independent and cope with the prioritization of tasks is required.
In return we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its innovation capability company-wide. Succeeding in this technical lead role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer bold health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.