Electrical Designer (motion control)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative medical products. Your contribution can range from early customer contacts, project definition and concept creation to Electrical Design of new products or modifications to existing products.
You are responsible for
• The electrical solutions in major projects, which have a mid- to long-term character, are complex, and can be divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also acquires involvement in software and mechanical designs.
• Using your skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine novel technology with user insight to designing parts and assemblies for new medical equipment / systems.
• Making principle choices for the product designs, subsystems and interfaces.
• The overall manufacturability, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods in manufacturing sites.
• Being part of internal and external design sub-teams.
• Working closely together with (external) suppliers to truly understand the designs and technologic challenges and to offer projects, tailored services & technical support.
You are part of
The Electrical department of the Mechatronic Development Cluster (MDC) within the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) fixed X-Ray systems business unit.
Within the Electrical department of MDC, we focus on four development lanes: Motion infrastructure, Hardware infrastructure, Power infrastructure and Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). This job opportunity is related to the motion infrastructure development lane.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering
• Special emphasis on Mechatronics background in (motion-) control, connectivity and general electronic design.
• Translating customer needs into technical requirements and then create mechatronic solutions
• Excellent communication skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. The position is intended for a long term collaboration, and the possibility to step over to a Philips contract within 2 to 3 years.