Design Researcher (Freelance)
Leading Experience Design Research in healthcare areas across the care continuum, with a particular focus on areas of Acute Care Solutions. Throughout the different innovation cycles your mission is to unravel patient and professional insights through your engagements with Key Opinion Leaders, healthcare staff and patients in different Design Research formats and come to newly envisioned workflows, design requirements for future health interventions that make a difference and test their effectiveness from an experiential, behavior change and health outcomes angle. In this way you contribute directly to Philips quadruple aim of improving patient and staff experience, healthcare outcomes and costs of care; At the same time you will be able to use your innovation power to develop new people-focused mixed-method approaches that better support evidence building of experience-related improvements through qualitative and quantitative research methods that fit ongoing iterative and incremental people understanding and experience research, co-creation, and (data-enabled) evaluations of (digital) healthcare innovations.
You are responsible for
- Leading Design Research projects, including definition of scope of experience design research, its hypotheses, set up, stakeholder engagements, fieldwork, pilots and remote research set ups, analyses and facilitating multi-stakeholder work session to come to insights syntheses and make them actionable for translations on different levels;
- Ensuring qualitative, mixed method, and evidence-based research set ups are embedded into the different stages of the research programs to guarantee people's insights are being appropriately interpreted, translated and manifested in solutions;
- Create innovative Design Research approaches to better support experience-related evidence building related to Philips quadruple aim and support cross-disciplinary collaborative analyses, integrating capabilities, views and methods to maximize the impact of people insights in healthcare innovation, strategic projects or research programs;
- Facilitate and empower multiple stakeholders and disciplines to utilize, disseminate, deploy and translate experience insights appropriately as well as effectively supporting users' engagement and behavior change when using new solutions;
You are a part of
Philips Experience Design, a global Design organization within Philips. We believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier, all of this without destroying the world in which we live. Our global creative force of some 400 professionals is located in our studios in Europe, North America and Asia. Our world-class Design Research team at Design works across many global locations in multiple business areas for international markets, with one core purpose - to bring meaningful people focused innovation. They bring their skills to bear in defining, conducting, and translating people research for vision, innovation, healthcare consulting and strategic purposes. Through leading research techniques, outcomes are articulated and clear insights and trend directions are derived that increase domain knowledge. By means of outstanding (experience design) translation skills, coordination and multi-stakeholder facilitation skills they support the creation of meaningful and innovative solutions in a future connected world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A (combined) master degree in Strategic Design, Industrial Design, Social and Behavior sciences, Psychology, Data science or Medical degree with emphasis on medical knowledge and Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in innovation, strategic design with a key focus on medical / clinical areas;
- Experience in healthcare domain with a particular focus on secondary care settings, acute and chronic care. Experienced working together with physicians, nurses and patients and their loved ones.
- Professional communication skills to work with other design disciplines, other Philips? organizations and consultants
In addition to being purpose-driven, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.