Design Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Design, which interfaces with all of the Philips businesses while driving user experience innovation. Together with a creative force of about 450 professionals, we create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications.
We are looking for a passionate, pro-active and delivery-focused project manager to join us. A person who is experienced with the full product lifecycle from early stage discovery to development and implementation. If you get energized by building cohesive well-functioning design teams and want to be part of a collaborative and dynamic culture that puts people in the center, then this is the place for you.
You are responsible for
As Project Manager, you orchestrate for successful delivery of design. You work closely with the Design business partner, designers and stakeholders outside the organization to scope, plan and manage the development of new propositions and solutions.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Work in a structured and methodical way, utilizing company standard processes and toolset
- Secure transparency and predictability on the progress and outcome of a project in all its metrics
- Drive daily management
- Clarify and align project goals, create project plans, specify quality standards, get stakeholder buy-in
- Manage the project execution towards the timely realization of the agreed deliverables
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters ownership, creativity and innovation
You are a part of
The Design Project Management community and the Domestic Appliances program team, where a professional and fun workplace atmosphere is valued and a diverse multi-functional team will greet you. You will report to the global Project Management Office lead, and on a daily basis work close with a team of designers in support of research projects.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Project management skills. You have profound expertise in project management processes and knowledge areas, ranging from agile to waterfall methods. You can flexibly adjust and apply hybrid ways of work with a given context and desired project outcomes.
- Continuous improvement. You are continuously looking for ways to improve delivery processes and eager to learn more about better ways of building teams and products. You do this in structured and methodical ways.
- Lean ways of working. You are comfortable applying Daily Management and Problem Solving.
- Strong performance track. You are a fast learner, drive impact through teamwork and have a strong dose of self-reflection. You are able to deal with complexity, and to develop the winning plan. You have a high drive for personal development and champion a culture of encouraging constructive feedback.
- Team dynamics. You understand the characteristics of high performing teams and have a wide variety of tools available to help drive/guide a team towards greater dynamics, collaboration and effectiveness. Key behavioral competences include business insight, balance stakeholders, direct work, ensure accountability, and build effective teams and nimble learning.
- Stakeholder relationships. You are able to cultivate and grow meaningful relationships with stakeholders, encourage engagement and alignment of expectations, and empathize with the challenges they are facing. You are comfortable with working in a corporate environment.
- Business acumen. You have a strong understanding of the commercial aspect of building a product and feel comfortable managing budgets and optimizing return on investment, as well as working with internal and external parties to develop budgets, scope of work documents and planning.
- Positive and role modeling. You bring a positive and enthusiastic spirit to everything you do. You are eager to contribute to our companys mission to improve peoples live through meaningful innovation, and role model our behaviors: customers first, quality and integrity always, team up to win, take ownership to deliver fast, and eager to improve and inspire.
- Digital technical background. You understand the context of both developers and designers and able to form an opinion about the content.
- Design experience. Experience working with design/creative teams.