Your challenge will be to manage and organize the credit collection activities for Philips customers in the Philips Direct Export organisation in order to minimize the outstanding receivables. Your scope will include customers in the Middle East, Africa, India Subcontinent and Latin American region. You will work together with other collectors with each a dedicated regional scope.
Coordinating and following through on collecting payments, due collections plans, reducing past due by performing portfolio management activities for your customer accounts, including:
• Analyze and monitor delinquent account balances, including effective overdue control and follow-up program for all customer accounts that are late, overdue, potentially overdue, or potential written-off
• Contacting clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises and non-payment.
• Reporting, analyzing, clarifying and escalating (future) overdue and disputes towards internal stakeholders.
• Monitoring of performance of the collection specialists in the SSC.
• Performing customer account reconciliation including managing cash application for clearing customer payments and credit items directly on customer accounts
• Execution of system initiated collection activities
• Support and develop accounts receivable process improvements and master data quality
The Benelux Credit & Collections team is responsible for cash collections, risk management and credit control activities for all relevant Benelux Royal Philips organizations. The international and diverse team is working close together with the finance directors, sales- and operations- teams of all Philips organizations in the Benelux. Credit & Collections is part of the Philips Accounting Operations organization at the heart of Philips Finance.
To be filled by HR
We are looking for
Bachelor or master degree in business economics, finance or business administration
A professional candidate with a collections background in business to business collections with a problem solving mindset who:
• Is pro-active and flexible and shows determination to achieve excellent results and to take ownership.
• Has excellent communication skills (in English, speaking and writing) with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
• Has basic knowledge of accounting principles.
• Preferably has SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience.
• Experience within the healthcare or medical manufacturing industry is beneficial.
• Experience in working with collection software a plus, not required.