Job Title Warehousing & Distribution Engineer
Location: Locally in the DCs
Justification: The role will support Project Leads in the Cost Savings projects of the DfX Integral Warehousing & Distribution (IWD ) costs of PH and allow on time delivery and execution.
Job Description: Identify, plan and execute improvement projects in the supply chain of finished products from (OEM/Philips) factories, via the Distribution Centre, to retailers and/or final consumers (on-line sales).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Participate in DfX-workshops and propose/detail proposals to reduce the integral warehouse & distribution costs
• Align project plans/activities with stakeholders in factories, planning departments, commercial organization and retailer-warehouse management.
• Execute cost improvement projects together with the warehouse provider CEVA and transport providers (incoming as well as outgoing)
• Project management of improvement projects/process harmonization.
• Track and review project savings vs budget.
• Analyze Products flow & transport patterns, shipment profiles and tariff drivers to determine savings opportunities.
• Customer oriented attitude
• Negotiation skills
• Project management skills
• Knowledge of warehouse and transport systems and processes
• knowledge of Lean principles and applications
• Understanding of customs regulations
• Understanding of regulations regarding transportation of dangerous goods
• People management skills and influential skills
Required Skills & Experience:
• Has expert theoretical knowledge of distribution concepts as well as knowledge of best practices in the area of physical distribution.
• Understands business strategies and the impact on the area of transportation.
• Some knowledge of company products and services.
• Good communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in related activities (warehouse management, transport management, customer service management).