UX/UI Designer (Freelance)
At Philips Design, we always believed in the transformational power of Design in making our world healthier and more sustainable. We are an integral and valuable part of the organization and its long heritage. We have earned and continue to earn our place as a leading health tech organization by placing the people in the center of our work and in delivering integrated solutions across the full health continuum.
Our designers are among the smartest and talented designers of a global community. We take pride in our work and continuously shift design paradigms, improve our ways of working and unlock new market value by providing an inclusive working environment of trust, collaboration, empowerment and curiosity.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As an UX/UI Designer, you strive to ship experiences that inspire and exceed the expectations of the 'end-user'. Your work wins the hearts and minds of customers and stakeholders, because you care about micro- and macro-interactions alike. Your open and can-do mindset never grows tired in getting to the bottom of user intends and business requirements. Your knowledge of industry standards and heuristics allows you to deliver qualitative and scalable solutions from websites, software applications, to digital devices.
You are responsible for
As an UX/UI Designer, you DRIVE interaction design activities for existing or new propositions within our full portfolio, through:
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, usability testing, task analysis, data analysis, and other forms of requirements discovery
-Capture user requirements through specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, principles and design specifications
-Effectively communicate experience frameworks, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
-Work closely with development teams to understand their capabilities clearly and to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly
-Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and design strategists, and hardware and software developers
-Apply working knowledge of existing interface or usability standards, and development technologies including various screen-based platforms (e.g. web-based enterprise software development, web sites, mobile OS etc.)
-Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
-Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
-Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
-Able to drive solution creation within a cross-competence project team, thinking holistically in eco-systems.
-Works together with or consulting business stakeholders, actively manages relationships and challenges the status quo to drive innovation and step-up for the user.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree level in digital design or a related discipline or equivalent professional Design training or experience.
- Experience of working on complex and large scale projects within decentralized teams
- Fluent in a wide range of design processes, methodology and deliverables
- Practical understanding of capabilities and limitations of digital technologies and how to design for platforms and with design systems
- Advanced communication and organizational skills, comfortable in taking ownership, and able to work both on a team and independently as jedi-like hands-on individual contributor
- Expert in industry standard design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Flinto, or Framer
- Affinity or proficiency with analytical or modelling industry standard tools maybe a plus or even decisive factor (e.g. Rhinoceros, Cinema4D, Processing, Firebase, Excel, DataIku, Tabbleau, etc.)
- A fearless, positive and self-motivated attitude paired with fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
You are a part of
The home location for this role is Eindhoven (hybrid working is possible), but you will work in distributed teams across the globe. Our global creative force of some 400+ professionals is located in our design studios across the Americas, Europa, Middle East and Asia. You will work across our entire portfolio of consumer and professional healthcare & wellness products and from early research to market delivery at scale. On a daily basis, you will work closely with other designers of a larger cross-functional Philips team. Your peers in Design will include product, communications and program management.
Why should you work at Philips?
We offer projects that really put your skills to the test. Lots of learning opportunities through regular, on-the-job feedback and knowledge exchange with specialists in many different fields. Creative freedom so you can express yourself and apply your expertise in a way that makes an impact. A friendly and collaborative culture that encourages you to contribute to our health tech strategy, making life better for 3 billion lives a year by 2025.