UI Designer (Freelance)
Develop product User Interface solutions (physical & digital), usability testing, and experiences based on the needs of our Consumers and our Brand values.
You are responsible for
- You will create and translate concepts into product UI designs from sketches, to draft quick simulations and demonstrators, assessment of prototypes through to UI specifications, and support during engineering feasibility checks and production implementation.
- Create user-focused innovations, solutions, and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with the Design Language System and Brand guidelines.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters.
- Customer focus, collaboration, partnering, and co-creating with stakeholders.
- Able to drive solution creation within a cross-competence project team, thinking holistically in connected eco-systems.
You are a part of
A team of Product, Digital UX, Communication Designers, and Project Managers, with a main focus on the Domestic Appliances business. Your team is part of the larger Philips Domestic Appliances team of about 50 people globally. Your team works closely with business management, marketing, and engineering. We create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines, and final design specifications.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in product or product-interaction design.
- 3 years plus relevant experience in one or more specific business domains and have worked in multidisciplinary design teams.
- You are a “hybrid skilled” Product UI Designer with excellent user interaction design skills, experience in user experience research, and curiosity for new technologies.
- Basic technical experience from the realization phase of the product development process is required.
- Your design skills help you to create functional product concepts through user flows, ease of use logic, and the creation of screen assets.
- Experience in the area of product and service combinations is welcome.
- You have a professional, ambitious, and collaborative mindset.
Ensuring all deadlines are met on time, whilst excelling in Design quality.
- Building awareness of UI trends.
- Having the ability to create visual tools that will bring your product narrative to life (Figma/Sketch/Illustrator)
- Having a strong narrative ability in verbal communication.
- Showing excellent design skills, including hand and digital sketching.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PORTFOLIO IN THE APPLICATION (either via a link or as an attachment). If a password is required for accessing the content on the portfolio, please add that as well.
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. In Philips Domestic Appliances Experience Design we always believe in the groundbreaking power of Design in delivering consumer-centric propositions with a strong focus on sustainability. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips? Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.6 billion in sales in 2020 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care, floor care, and air appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo, and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
This role is located in Amsterdam, and you are required to be at least 2 days at the office. Remote work is not possible.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.