Technical Service Planner Consumer Products
Do you want to facilitate and support the Consumer Care process across several exciting business units, including Mother & Child Care, Beauty and Home Monitoring? Are you proactive and a strong communicator who likes to work with technical products and data? Then this is the role you are looking for!
As a Service Planner, you will be conducting a great variety of activities, which require multi-tasking and technical insight combined with creativity. It this role, taking initiative is key. You will cooperate with many teams and technical functions within the Innovation Site and Philips Personal Health. Your key interfaces are the Consumer Care Experience Manager, Mechanical Engineering, IT system owners and the Global Central Service Parts team. You will act as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with co-responsibility for the team objectives and co-operation within the team. You align with the Consumer Care Experience Manager on the Consumer Care and Service strategies.
The core of your role is to ensure that consumers are able to replace certain product parts at any point during its life cycle, so they can continue to enjoy their Philips product.
In addition, your responsibilities are to:
• Set up service scenarios for consumer replaceable parts during product development by proper and timely delivery of the Service Plan. You determine and monitor the serviceability and service policy as defined in the Service Plan.
• Calculate Cost of Non Quality (CoNQ) together with the Consumer Care Experience Manager, as input for quality decision making.
• Influence mechanical engineers to develop for serviceability.
• Prepare the Service Bill of Material (SBOM) & Service Manuals for products in cooperation with Development Engineers, determining the content and layout that give the best support to the global service organisation.
• Execute the spare parts planning process to enable sales at the Philips Store after market introduction.
• Create training materials and training of service centres on repair instructions.
• Execute proper and timely changes in spare parts during Life Cycle Management.
• Support the local Consumer Care teams by providing proper and timely solutions (Symptom/Cures) to issues regarding spare parts raised in the markets.
• Find solutions by involving data from multiple sources using Root Cause Analysis. You take initiative and identify problems in actual way of working, formulate alternatives and recommendations.
• Own the Service Planning processes for the site, including writing and improving work instructions, process descriptions and guidance. You initiate and run improvement projects for Service Planning.
Philips Personal Health delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
Innovation Site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development of Personal Health and focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products in the areas of Mother & Child Care, Beauty and Home Monitoring. The site is responsible for the development and realization of new products, solutions and services. At Innovation Site Eindhoven, improving well-being is our passion, creating awesome user experiences through real-life solutions, bringing value to Philips. We are an honest and inspirational team, daring to be different.
A key department in this site is Product Research and Consumer Care. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight customers better than competition and live up to Philips’ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from insight generation, value proposition creation, solution development to market launch and forms a main link between Innovation & Development and the business. As Technical Service Planner you are part of a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experts.
To succeed in this role, you:
• Are a professional holding a bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant discipline, with relevant experience, minimum 7 years.
• Have experience in a multinational, large company, preferably consumer business.
• Have experience and affinity with IT systems. Experience with Windchill is a strong bonus.
• Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Have a pragmatic, precise, practical attitude with a result driven, can-do mentality
• Are a strong communicator (writing & speaking both in English), who is able to communicate with different types of stakeholders.