Software QA Engineer
Software QA Engineer (Randstad Contingent Worker)
Location: Philips Carlsbad
Duration: September 2021 start for 5 months.
Hours/week: 40 hours
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Work in the NPI (New Product Introduction) Software V&V Team within the R&D Department at Philips Hospital Respiratory Care. You will be directly involved in the testing of Hospital Life-Support and Non-Invasive Ventilators.
You will be responsible for:
Writing, updating and executing manual test protocols for medical devices
• Developing and executing automated test protocols for medical devices
• Developing tools to facilitate test automation of medical devices
• Writing scripts for automation and repetitiveness testing to increase test effectiveness
• Analyzing test protocols to ensure that test coverage of software requirements is complete and correct
• Working with software engineers and software test engineers to analyze test failures and determine root cause
• Writing and maintaining unit tests
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline
• 2+ years of software development experience including manual and/or automated testing (school/internship experience is ok)
• Experience with C++
• Agile SW Development practices and DevOps is a plus
• Working knowledge of test concepts, test management tools and frameworks
• Experience using test equipment, sensors and I/O systems such as DAQ and PCI is a plus
• Understanding of communication interfaces such as USB, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485 and familiarity with network technologies such as TCP/IP, UDP and WiFi is a plus
• C#, LabVIEW, and Python. experience a plus
• Familiarity with application lifecycle management tools such as HP ALM, PTC Integrity, GitLab or Atlassian Jira
• Regulatory environment background is a plus.
You will be a part of:
You will be part of NPI (New Product Introduction) Software V&V Team within the R&D Department at Philips Hospital Respiratory Care.
In return, we offer you:
Philips welcomes you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and grow.
Quality is on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role you will have an array of diverse career opportunities open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will.