Software Project Manager at Digital Computational Pathology
Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on people’s health?
Within the Project Management Office team as part of the R&D Department of Philips Digital Computational Pathology, we are looking for an enthusiastic Software Project Manager who will work together with the existing teams in developing the software for one of our Philips DCP product streams.
As a Software Project Manager, you are responsible for:
• Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the project(s) you manage.
• Inspiring and supporting your engineering team.
• Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
• Drawing up a project schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget.
• Keep the triangle of Cost, Schedule and Quality in balance.
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
• Run the project(s) through the gate model, within a regulated environment, having an understanding and focus on the right documentation at the right point of time.
• Get the project from concept to closure, by standard project management activities, with a high focus on the management activities.
• Project activities are predominantly on new software development, but the full product are considered.
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum, Lean Scheduling & Critical Chain. You will work on innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We offer the opportunity to play a leading role in achieving Philips’ ambitions with digital connected products and to truly contribute to the way our innovations improve the health and well-being of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with Project Management colleagues from the PMO department, playing a key role in driving the transition process that will turn Philips into a Digital Computational Pathology company. The PMO will provide you back office support on tools and reporting.
We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development. The organization is on the move and you will enjoy options to influence the working environment with execution improvements.
• You have a Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent.
• More than 10 years of relevant work experience in product development, whereas several within the medical technology world.
• Proven track record with Agile development methodologies, working with Scrum teams.
• Broad project software development experience.
• Understanding of Lean principles and easily setup DM and run the A3 method.
• Knowledge on Critical Chain planning and execution
• A project management certification will be welcome
• You are able to differentiate Quality and Regulatory activities
• You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
• You enjoy to coach and motivate your team, supporting an environment of high productivity and efficiency.
This role will appeal to you if you ….
• Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
• You find pride in establish a high motivation and execution
• Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
• Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with and organization on the move
• Being part of a Project Management team having peers to work with and continue to refine methods used.
Sign up for new opportunities