Senior Scanner Software Designer (Front end) (Freelance)
Currently, the whole Embedded SW team is in Best / Eindhoven, as well as our multiple development partners. The role needs to be close to the relevant resources, partners, and the physical scanners. The role requires close collaboration with user and service experience specialists. More over the role is required to ensure that the Manufacturing tooling support can be realized rapidly, facilitating production support.
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best pathology scanners available, helping the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
Philips Precision Diagnostic Solutions aims fully digitizing the pathology workflow. In the Imaging Scanners group, we are developing the next generation of digital microscopes to realize this goal.
As Senior Scanner Software Designer (Front end / Full-stack (Java)), you will report directly to the Software Leader of the Imaging Scanners Software Department.
In the role of Senior Scanner Software Designer, you will become part of the development team designing the Scanner. You will join the Scrum team which develops the Scanner user interface components, the service and manufacturing application. You will support the team providing technical and process leadership.
Within this role, your main responsibilities include:
- Providing Technical and process leadership for the Frontend team
- Collaborate with stakeholders to finalize the designs and requirements.
- Communicate the consequences of your design with respect to the intended architecture.
- Create (and execute) tests for your implementations to ensure quality and prevent regression.
- Development of the user interface and service and manufacturing applications.
- Facilitate the porting of legacy applications to modern Frontend frameworks
- Work together with our 3rd party development partners to deliver total solutions.
- Analyze and understand the APIs and services offered by third-party components.
- Create / modify Backend functionality to support machine operation, using structured abstractions interfacing to a range of micro-services.
- Own the code quality of components and application team and support the continuous integration and delivery mechanisms.?
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Batchelor's / Master's degree ? preferably in computer software engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in frontend frameworks in the role of a Senior Software Designer, developing for Linux platforms.
- Familiar with: Object orientated Software design, Micro-service architecture (REST APIs, Spring Boot), Flask micro web framework, Linux Operation system (RedHat Enterprise Linux).
- Additional Languages: Java, C++ (beneficial)
- Tooling: Intelij, Jenkins, JenkinsFile CI/CD, Docker, Jira, TFS
- Possess the following characteristics
- Excellent design skills and an interest in architecture
- Have a passion for Code Craftsmanship and clean code
- Pair programmer, proficient in test driven development (TDD) and Behavioral driven development (BDD), with affective usage of mocking framework
- Have experience in helping to develop teams to excel.
- Good communication skills in English and (willing to learn Dutch).
- Strong software documentation skills: Experience in Healthcare Regulatory aspects (FDA 820.x, ISO13485, IEC62304 etc.) is beneficial.