Senior Pricing Specialist Services (Freelance)
Review the pricing strategy implementation by the Countries/BU and initiates corrective action where required. Review together with Segment Leaders the business developments at product level and decide together the pricing impact of necessary strategy changes
Job Posting Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As Senior Pricing Specialist, your challenge will be to drive the definition and implementation of the pricing strategies and frameworks in markets for Philips Services. You will work closely together with different businesses.
You are responsible for pricing of the Customer Services from product and portfolio introduction to local implementation and price realization.
You are responsible for
The Senior Pricing Specialist, supports Customer Services of BIUs and markets, in order to increase BG financial margins and capture the full potential of their products and solutions. He/she supports the initial price positioning of a services/solution at launch and throughout its lifecycle to maximize pricing over the life of the product. The Senior Pricing Specialist is responsible for driving strategic pricing decisions by providing support to the Product Management team (through monitoring of price trends and price and cost analytics) to enable market growth and high value capture.
Ensures that pricing initiatives are successfully implemented on time and tracks the benefits
Support across markets and Business Groups to initial price positioning of a services/solution at launch and throughout its lifecycle to maximize pricing over the life of the product
Drive the global implementation and adherence of Commercial Policies for customer services
Develop and implement pricing monitoring and portfolio management tools to drive performance of offerings
Support the creation of tool for the field to communicate economic benefits to customers (i.e., value calculators)
Identify current sources of margin leakage across product lines and markets by tracking price realization and discounts; conduct root cause analyses to identify major sources of leakage, including field/customer interviews. Create recommendations and action plan for BIU and the field to address margin leakage issues
Collaborate with Product Management, Field Marketing, Sales, and Finance (e.g., analytic and business-case development support) on new pricing initiatives outside current operating practices to capture untapped customer segments
Continuously drive best-in-class pricing practices adoption based on global insight, external community of pricing peers and experts, and from within the PHC organization to create a more efficient pricing process
You are a part of
You will be part of the Pricing team within Services Marketing & M2O. You will be working closely together with different Customer Services Business Managers in the markets as well as the Product Managers of the different Businesses.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Marketing, Business Administration or Technical Discipline or equivalent
Lean or Six Sigma experience
10+ years of experience in business analytics; close work with sales analysis or providing tools to sales teams
Experience in high tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills to be able to convey the impact of monitoring and measured effectiveness of pricing initiatives to major stakeholders (Markets, BIU)
- Ability to conduct root cause analyses, extrapolate insights and create actionable recommendations under short time frames, based on quantitative and qualitative fact finding (i.e., sample analysis, interviews)
- Excellent analytic skills to design, construct, and execute multiple complex analyses (e.g. regression analysis, scatter plot analysis) to facilitate the development and evaluation of pricing guidelines
- Ability to position product/solutions to capture the economic value it creates for customers. Strong ability to develop and interpret standard financial analyses (e.g. NPV, ROI, and break-even) to inform discussions with market groups, BIUs, and the BG marketing organizations
- Superior knowledge of standard tools, especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word for the development and communication of pricing guidelines
- Ability to identify, synthesize and prioritize key issues facing the pricing teams and resolve roadblocks
- Experience with high-tech or medical device product launch to be able to provide pricing- related insight to supporting teams (e.g., solution management, NPI)