Senior Engagement Manager
Philips Experience Design Since it was first founded in 1925, Philips Experience Design (XD) has consistently been a champion of strategic change at Philips. Today, we are making a bigger and bolder impact than ever before in reimagining and redesigning the future of healthcare globally. We play a crucial role in Philips transformation in becoming the world leader in Health Technology and helping Philips achieve its mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people by 2030. This is an extraordinary opportunity and responsibility for all our designers at Philips. Today, we are proving our world-class designers are equal to the challenge. We believe designing meaningful experiences makes the difference in improving peoples lives, and can ultimately lead to better health outcomes.
Senior Engagement Manager, Philips Experience Design
Be a transformative change agent, through compelling and impactful employee engagement and communications. You will not only be the communications strategist to activate internal transformational initiatives but you'll also support external communications with the sole aim of improving the reputation of Philips Experience Design as a world-class design organization fully focused on healthcare and well-being.
You are responsible for the following:
Develop the Philips XD narrative, key messages and activation ideas to support Philip XD's employee engagement and transformation agenda Activate our growth agenda through compelling, engaging and timely communications to Philips Experience Design's employees and the wider Philips community. This includes day-to-day management of Philips XDs internal communications channels, including the Intranet, social community and global webcasts. Convert employee feedback into insights to craft our employee engagement plan
Regularly measure and evaluate our internal communications and initiatives to improve our culture and potentially to influence senior stakeholder decision-making
Contribute to Philips XDs reputation externally. This includes day-to-day management of design-specific external communications channels, including the Philips XD website and social media presence.
Build & roll-out consistent messaging and assets to deliver integrated communications around Experience Design.
Create, edit and review content like blog posts, presentations, (intranet) articles to ensure they are on brand and engages the target audience.
Lead and support communications of key design initiatives towards the rest of the Philips organization and contribute to projects that position Philips XD as a great place to work (eg. Dutch Design Week).Contribute to driving thought leadership in design, innovation and healthcare transformation, including supporting executive communications for our Chief Design Officer.
Be an active contributor to the Communications Business Partner community and support the deployment of the global Innovation & Strategy communications priorities within Experience Design and contribute to global engagement projects and plans.
You are a part of;
The Philips Experience Design operations team, which is part of the broader Philips XD organization. Philips XD has a team of more than 400 designers one of the largest, most diverse of its kind in the world. The team includes 35 nationalities, located in 15 design studios across the globe. Everything you see from Philips has been designed by our Experience Design organization. As proud custodians of the Philips brand, we ensure human-centered design is always the starting point for innovation. It plays a central role in our business strategy, driving every innovation we bring to market.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Extremely strong storyteller across multiple mediums, with the ability to provide coaching and training to the broader global organization (eg. Written & spoken word, video, social media, etc.).Possess a real passion for design, innovation and healthcare transformation.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree5-10 years' relevant experience in communications or a communications-related role, including experience of working with senior leaders
- Excellent content creation and editing skills (in English) and experience with briefing agencies
- Native or near native English language writing skills and oral communication skills
- A true real passion for writing and vast experience in crafting strong, succinct copy. This also enables you to brief and challenge external copywriters to deliver high quality content in a constructive way.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond with creative and effective communication approaches.
- Excellent project management skills: successfully see multiple projects/tasks through to completion.
- Helicopter view, self-awareness and patience are key, as this position will interact with and receive feedback from many stakeholders
- Experienced collaborator working with multiple stakeholders and teams to gather insight to shape the employee engagement agenda
- Proven experience of leading successful employee engagement programs to support company transformation
- Knowledge of community building and using LinkedIn and other social media in a corporate context
- Experience with content management systems, mass-mail systems and basic graphic design work
- Experience in effective budget management
- Experience working in Design, healthcare and / or technology industries is an advantage