Senior Developer - Micro Services Expert (Freelance)
Become a team member of the Manufacturing IT department who is challenging, developing and implementing Data Driven Factory solutions related to Industry 4.0. As a Senior Developer you will work closely together with multiple teams within the factory Drachten. You will work with local teams to develop, implement and migrate manufacturing IT functionality from not only technical perspective but also from a functional perspective. As part of your job you will cooperate in a European project with 13 other partners, with the objective to develop cutting edge OT security solutions based on micro services.
You are responsible for
- As Sr Developer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team within manufacturing IT and its stakeholders on the business/production
- You will participate in a team within Manufacturing IT to deploy functionality aligned with the requirements from production, which will have a great impact on the total business based on modern technologies like micro services, kafka and nowadays development standards.
- You will be the expert for micro services supporting severeal production teams in implementing functionality. You will be heavily involved in the connection with other systems, like SAP, Azure Cloud etc. to build a digital platform for the future factory.
- You are responsible for the deliverables for the PPP project in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
- You will deliver academic reports for the PPP project.
- You will have a technical role in defining, configuring, developing functionality within M-IT domain and support and coach team member using micro services.
You are a part of
The Manufacturing IT department, reporting to plant director Philips Drachten. This department is developing and implementing Industrial 4.0 solutions and has an impressive track record in this domain. We are in a transformation to gain leading position on this matter for the Global Philips organization and therefore cooperation closely with Philips Global. Our team enables:
- On a pragmatic way implement new Data Driven Solutions for production environment
- Transform legacy solutions into modern nowadays platforms based on proven but cutting edge technologies
- Increase position in being lighthouse on Data Driven Factories / Industrial 4.0 domain for the Philips Global organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Expert in micro services, infra as a code, server less, CI/CD, models in production, data pipelines, industrial environment.
- Proven track record with Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Swarm, Airflow, Spark, GitLab CI/CD
- You have a broad experience in multiple IT applications and have a track record in European partner projects.
- Has hands-on experience in SW developing and a proven track record in cutting edge industrial applications.
- Has proven experience in computerized systems and software, provisioning, pipelines, REST API design, asynchronous computing.
- You are ambitious, a team player and have outstanding presentation and communication skills and therefore able to move and inspire others on different levels;
- Proven track record in academic articles, reports and cooperation with multiple European partners and experience in EU subsidized programs.
- You have excellent analytical skills and conceptual modelling.
- You are able to quickly switch gears between detailed analyses and longer term higher-level roadmap;
- You have the ability to balance theory, innovation and practical realization;
- You are eager to explore new opportunities in the area of I4.0.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, has an "improvement mind-set"
- Expert in relational databases. (MSSQL)
- Capable of understanding and reviewing functional and software design
- Familiar with typical business processes as applied in discrete industry
- WO trained (or thinking level / experience) in industrial domains or OT/IT