Senior Design Project Manager
Senior Design Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
join our Experience Design team and program manage our ‘Design for Marketing’ activities across our Personal Health business cluster.
As the program manager you’ll play a pivotal role to enable strategic alignment and daily engagements between Design, Marketing and Business teams. You ensure that the program team is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on-time and on-budget, as well as champion quality and integrity of the end result. The program manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the program.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and delivery-focused project manager with a strong marketing background to join us. So, if you delight in building cohesive well-functioning design teams and want to be part of a collaborative and dynamic culture that puts people in the centre, then this is probably the place for you.
You are responsible for
• The management and delivery of mid to large-scale ‘design for marketing’ projects.
• Representing Design in the engagements and briefing with Marketing and Business teams.
• Organizing resources, clarifying and aligning program goals, specifying the quality standard in the processes, creating planning and getting stakeholder buy-in.
• Providing harmonizing assets and guidelines, unifying practices and scalable solutions that bring efficiency and simplify our ways of work.
• Securing transparency and predictability on the progress and outcome of a project in all its metrics.
You are a part of
Philips Design, established in 1925, and one of the longest-established design organizations in the world. It has studios across the globe and a creative force of 500 professionals. We create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications.
You will join the Design Project Management community, which consists of about 40 people who all bring the project and operations management capability to strongly enable the delivery of design. You report to the global Project Management Office lead. If you are curious to read more about the Philips Design organization, click on the following link: https://www.philips.com/a-w/about/philips-design/our-people.html
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Project management skills. You have profound expertise in project management processes and knowledge areas, ranging from agile to waterfall methods. You can flexibly adjust and apply hybrid ways of work with a given context and desired project outcomes.
• Agile/Lean ways of working. You have coached agile product teams at varying stages of the product lifecycle. You are able to discuss Agile fluently and are familiar with issue tracking tools. You are comfortable applying Daily Management and Problem Solving.
• Design/Marketing background. You are comfortable working in creative environments and familiar with things as consumer engagement strategies, experience flows, developing creative frameworks and packaging concepts.
• Continuous improvement. You are continuously looking for ways to improve delivery processes and eager to learn more about better ways of building teams and products. You do this in structured and methodical ways.
• Strong performance track. You are a fast learner, drive impact through teamwork and have a strong dose of self-reflection. You are able to deal with complexity, and to develop the winning plan. You have a high drive for personal development and champion a culture of encouraging constructive feedback.
• Team dynamics. You understand the characteristics of high performing teams and have a wide variety of tools available to help drive/guide a team towards greater dynamics, collaboration and effectiveness. Key behavioral competences include business insight, balance stakeholders, direct work, ensure accountability, and build effective teams and nimble learning.
• Stakeholder relationships. You are able to cultivate and grow meaningful relationships with stakeholders, encourage engagement and alignment of expectations, and empathize with the challenges they are facing. You are comfortable with working in a corporate environment.
• Business acumen. You have a strong understanding of the commercial aspect of building a product and feel comfortable managing budgets and optimizing return on investment, as well as working with internal and external parties to develop budgets, scope of work documents and planning.
• Positive and role modeling. You bring a positive and enthusiastic spirit to everything you do. You are eager to contribute to our company’s mission to improve people’s live through meaningful innovation, and role model our behaviors: customers first, quality and integrity always, team up to win, take ownership to deliver fast, and eager to improve and inspire.
Sign up for new opportunities