Senior Cloud - Backend Integration Engineer (Freelance)
Senior Cloud/Backend Integration Engineer
Backend development on-premise and cloud-based technologies with DevOps affinity to integrate highly complex systems and create end to end solutions for the Integration lab
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on public cloud-based infrastructures. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the AWS cloud technologies to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
You are responsible for
- Definition, design, implementation, and integration of systems according to requirements and on time;
- Comply and align with the software development practices of the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding, and testing);
- Carry out complex development and prototyping tasks;
- Promote domain knowledge, innovative thinking, and customer understanding;
- Promote trust, openness, and leverage external capabilities locally and globally;
You are a part of The Philips Research Software Concepts department, developing advanced solutions for use in hospitals worldwide.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in product development as a Software Developer, using Java or comparable language
- At least 5 years of experience with cloud architecture and all aspects of it: microservices, APIs, Message Queues, SQL, NoSQL, distributed services, performance, REST, JSON,
- Experience in coding best practices
- An interest and preferably working experience in an Agile software development environment
In return, we offer
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. You will design, implement and test the modules, together with maintaining the technologic roadmap. If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving people's lives, you belong with us.
Why should you join Philips Research?
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle, and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development.
For more insights, you can visit: https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/home.html
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding and contracting talent for project roles at Philips. If you are selected for a role you will be contracted by the broker or employed by a Randstad company, and will not be an employee of Philips.