Scientist Acute Care Services (Freelance)
In this role you the opportunity
To create meaningful and validated solutions and services for acute and transitional patient care. Your challenge will be to develop solutions that deliver on the customer needs in a seamless way. As part of this, a good interaction between various stakeholders in the innovation to market pipeline is needed to drive solutions development and clinical validation.
You are responsible for
- Enabling acute and transitional patient care solutions by leveraging Technology, Innovation, Business and Customer knowhow.
- Shape and executing the creation of cross hospital department patient and staff experience solutions and services
- Understanding the drivers for patient and staff satisfaction, including patient journey/workflow, treatment, informatic and ecosystem elements, to define solution propositions
- Shaping patient/staff centric solutions & service roadmap understanding. Supported by clinical value, business value and patients/staff needs.
- Shaping and building demonstrators (e.g. wireframes, (software) Mock-Up, and (software) Prototype to facilitate internal and external stakeholder discussion
- Support and/or shape strategy discussions across businesses, markets, and functions (incl. interfacing with senior stakeholders in the organization and internal regulatory functions).
- Increasing speed & quality of innovation for patient/staff centric solutions and supporting related capability build-up and acting as an integrator in the organization.
You are a part of
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The Patient Care & Monitoring department comprises 60 highly skilled professionals. The focus of the department is to provide clinically relevant and business-compatible solutions for high- and low-acuity care settings, comprising vital signs monitoring, data-driven connected systems, all the way up to enabling services.
At the heart of our capabilities lies an interdisciplinary mix of human physiology, electronic/systems design, IT architecture and clinical workflow, which are being leveraged to develop integrated propositions from idea to concept and up to transfer in one of our business units. We work, already at a very early stage, with our key businesses and leverage our strong academic and clinical network.
The department is involved in early technology scouting up to first-of-a-kind product development for acute and transitional care settings. The successful candidate will not only contribute, but also drive key assignments and strategic initiatives. He/she will have the opportunity to work in an environment where the future depends strongly on his/her individual capabilities.
The location of this position is the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a research and innovation mindset and are creative in finding solutions. Your ambition is to create value for our customers.
- Master's degree, preferably in Medical technology, Medical informatics, Biomedical Engineering, or comparable, ideally in the acute patient care domain with 3+ years experience (PhD is a plus).
- Experience and strong affinity with medical technology innovation with a patient/staff centric element, preferable applied to acute and/or chronic care settings
- Experience and understanding of acute care ecosystems, including interoperability and patient/staff centric communication systems
- Experience and track-record with building demonstrators (e.g. wireframes, (software) Mock-Up, and (software) prototypes
- Creativity and ability to translate ideas into tangible results that may lead to future solutions.
- Research and innovation mentality.
- Ability to reduce complexity and the gift to tackle strategic challenges.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.