We seek an enthusiastic research engineer capable of contributing to research activities that comply to the industrial product development needs for Philips Oral Healthcare. We are looking for a person with at least three years of experience in either an industrial or scientific R&D environment. The candidate will be tasked with carrying out in-vitro activities that support both short and long-term Philips interests. In-vitro efforts will consist, amongst others, setting up and performing biochemical assays (ELISAs) and cell/biofilm culturing methods.
As research engineer in the Oral Healthcare department, your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Independently plan and carryout industrial research in the area of oral health
- Draw conclusions from obtained results and recommend next steps in written reports or oral presentations
- Stay up-to-date with regard to relevant technical developments (internal & external)
- Collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines (physics, chemistry, biology, etc)
In your role, you will be based at Philips Research Eindhoven on the High Tech Campus in the Netherlands. You will report to the department manager of the Oral Healthcare Research Group.
Philips Research is a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and – where needed – first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The Oral Healthcare department of Philips Research is focused on long-term winning innovations in the field of Oral Healthcare for Philips. Our mission is to deliver the best performance over lifetime, endorsed by professionals. The department is based on the High Tech Campus, Eindhoven, the Netherlands and consists of both junior and seasoned professionals. The research team is highly multidisciplinary, covering among others (oral)microbiology, chemistry, physics and software. The eventual candidate will be allocated to a project focusing on both short and long-term research questions.
We are looking for
To be successful as Research Engineer you need to be/have:
- A BSc (HBO) degree or comparable working experience (MBO) in Applied/Biomedical sciences or another relevant area providing solid foundations in Biology and Physics;
- A mandatory certification in Biosafety (Safe Microbiological Techniques);
- Capable of assimilating knowledge on short term;
- Technical insight;
- Willing to carry out lab activities
- Proficient in English (writing and communication (English due to an international team);
- Embody our research growth culture and the Philips values in continuous improvement;
- Interest and passion for industrial research and bringing (consumer) Healthcare products to market;
- A team-player mentality.