Quality Project Lead Floorcare (Freelance)
As part of the Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) team within Philips, your role will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves taking the lead in quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely introduction of innovative products with the right quality, reliability and desirability.
As Quality Project Lead you are the person that will ensure quality and reliability of our future Floorcare products. As member of the project team you will continuously review the project quality status and guide the team on quality aspects towards a successful launch. This means challenging and influencing project members on decisions that affect quality, of course in balance with costs and time.
As the Quality Project Lead member in different projects you will use an End to End approach and will be the pivot between the various Q disciplines involved throughout the project, like Development Quality, Supplier Quality, Industrial Quality and Consumer Care.
Key areas of responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure that product design meets quality requirements and compliance standards for each milestone of the project;
- Quality related problem solving and root cause analysis during design and manufacturing; Verification product quality and initiate field actions when needed;
- Assure right process quality;
- Validation of key design input like: usability, reliability, performance, manufacturability, localizability, safety, serviceability, sustainability and costs
- Managing the product release process;
- Predicting and monitoring product quality after launch with post-market analytics and statistics on product quality performance in the field;
- Performing independent technical assessment on product quality;
- Supporting your team in use of Q-tools such as: Safety risk assessments, Failure mode and effect analyses, etc.
We are looking for
A person who has strong quality mindset, solid technical competencies which can stand firm in challenging and demanding situations.
We are looking for someone that is not afraid of diving into details, a fixer who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job.
We are looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality above all else.
Specific skill requirements for this role:
Being passionate about quality and the way it adds value to the business;
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a quality and / or product development role;
- Having a proactive and supportive attitude towards the product development team, being a role model for the Quality function in the project team;
- Solid problem solver including sound technical understanding of products and quality related issues;
- Excellent team building skills, demonstrated by a sound track-record of team-accomplishments;
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, employees and suppliers at all levels;
- Strongly developed conflict-management and independent leadership skills in order to say pro-actively no;
- Willingness to occasionally (5-10%) travel internationally to our supplier base in Asia and Europe to test and assure quality on site.