Project Manager manufacturing systems (Freelance)
In this role, you will work closely together with the manufacturing and engineering organizations in Royal Philips as well as external clients to realize customized manufacturing equipment by leading the projects for manufacturing systems and Industry 4.0 solutions developed and built in our organization. You will drive advanced and complex equipment development projects containing hardware and software content, having a leading role to scope, define and lead highly innovative projects for professional manufacturing and test equipment.
You are responsible for:
- Teaming-up with the Marketing and Sales group to win the project in the acquisition phase;
- Development of a committed project management plan in consultation with customer and management, ensuring requirements and deliverables definition within the constraints of Medical compliance.
- Contribute to the account domain teams to define strategy, market approach and develop an attractive proposition and acquire projects;
- Defining necessary competencies and team composition to fulfill the assignment, arrange the necessary resources;
- Build the team and give operational mentorship;
- Arrange where applicable outsourcing of Design and Manufacturing (ODM) on basis of in house specification;
- Identify Project risks and define risk reduction and mitigation plans;
- Monitor and control the work performed and the quality of the requirements making corrective actions and agreed changes;
- Communicate about the Progress towards Customer, (Senior) Management and Team;
- Manage Partners interests (including the interest of suppliers);Lead the acceptance and the transfer of deliverables to the customer;
- Evaluate lessons and learned and deploy agreed process improvements;
- Report on Employees performance;
- Propose training and advice on career development to Resource managers.
- Coach junior Project Leaders increasing their Project Management skills.
You'll be part of Philips Engineering Solutions, an over 700-strong team of technology experts, designers, project managers and consultants who have decades of experience in supporting customers both inside and outside Philips - from major companies in sectors such as semiconductor manufacturing and healthcare to highly innovative start-ups.
The Manufacturing Systems and Industry 4.0 department of Philips Engineering Solutions (approx. 80 FTE) is an organization, which support our customers in all aspects of production equipment (from consultancy until designing and building). One of the main themes is Industry 4.0, with focus on manufacturing data intelligence and analytics. The department is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (approx. 30 FTE) and Aachen (approx. 50 FTE).
We are looking for:
- A Master degree in mechanical, electrical, physics or software engineering;
- Minimum of 7~ years of relevant work experience in production equipment - or product development;
- Demonstrated experience in leading innovative technical development projects
- Strong technical skills in Project Management;
- PMI/PMP certification preferred
- Experience with leading multidisciplinary, co-located teams;
- Affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with handling the funnel from relatively vague requirements to well-defined project with committed partners;
- Interest in manufacturing equipment, in particular in complex systems, digital, embedded software and connectivity is appreciated;
- You are a standout colleague, with excellent communication skills and a customer-centric attitude;
- Willingness to travel occasionally to different locations as needed for project definition and execution