Project Leader - Sustainability Officer
We are looking for a Project/Program Manager that drives our product portfolio to the next level of Sustainability. It will be your assignment to lead and implement Product innovations in the field of materials use and energy consumption as well as to shape our Product Sustainability roadmap.
Besides leading the Sustainability Innovation program, you will also review the Sustainability elements of running projects and manage the Sustainability KPIs and targets for Business Unit Coffee.
The Challenge: Business Unit Coffee has high ambitions to make our Product Launches more Sustainable and lead in the market by using recycled materials and reducing energy and materials waste.
Some of your KPIs will be:
Green product sales in Euro per year
BFR free sales in Euro per year
PVC free sales in Euro per year
Recycled Plastic use in Tons per year
It is a challenge to find alternatives for existing and proven technologies and materials that are more sustainable to use, like recycled plastics or PVC free wiring.
We want to lead in Sustainability without compromising the quality of our products, the lifetime of our production equipment and of course the (food) safety of our coffee machines.
This requires front-end innovation, supplier cooperation and release as well as testing and implementation of solutions into existing products.
Your role as Sustainability officer (40%):
- From innovation perspective support in shaping and driving sustainability performance of the portfolio
- Translate sustainability requirements to the portfolio (e.g. Green/Circular)
- Inform innovation team on the sustainability requirements and advise on potential improvements
- Support Philips Group Sustainability business partner
- Act as point of entry and expert in innovation site for sustainability topics
- Providing support in sustainable deliverables in innovation projects
Your role as Project manager (60%):
- You will lead a number of small and medium innovations in the field of sustainability in a hands-on manner in close cooperation with InD, Supply chain, Suppliers and Production Sites
- Your activities are covered by your program charter, describing your KPIs as well as required investments, team and boundary conditions
- You are Responsible to drive the Projects according the MLD process safeguarding the project and project results
- As a Project Leader Sustainability Program you will lead a small cross functional team of ~5 FTE (Product development, Product Industrialization, Quality, Procurement, and supporting functions).
- You will be part of the Coffee PMO team, existing of ~15 Project managers, a PSO and Project Engineer, sitting in 3 locations (Netherlands, Italy and HongKong).
Location and Duration: The vacancy is 1 full FTE. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is ambitious to do this for 1 to 3 years, becoming expert in the field of Product Sustainability - Innovation and Industrialization.
KARs, Skills, Competencies and Relevant Experience
- Having proven knowledge and interest in the domain of materials and sustainability
- A minimum of 5 year experience in product development
- Having a technical background, preferably with mass manufactured consumer products is a must have