Product Sourcing Engineer
Product Sourcing Engineer (Randstad Contingent Worker)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Product Sourcing Engineer is responsible to drive Advanced Development & New Product Development (PDLM projects) to industrialize the supplier base for the new innovation projects and to drive Product Cost Roadmaps for released products focused on cost, quality and risk improvements
You will be responsible for:
• Create strategic impact by engaging early in the Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects to deploy innovative solutions from the supplier base for cost, quality & risk, to industrialize the suppliers and to transfer the projects to Manufacturing & Procurement
• Drive the sourcing plan for New Product projects using I2M Planner
• Execute the sourcing plan deliverables to ensure project targets are achieved for cost, quality, risk and optimized TCO. Influence targets based external competitive benchmarks
• Orchestrate and assemble the sourcing grid details for the NPI BoM in partnership with Procurement and bring to Sourcing Board for decision
• Assemble and engage suppliers on project BoM RFPs using Ariba e-RFQ
• Conduct DfX activities to identify opportunity to improve product cost, quality and risk
• Conduct early supplier innovation events to bring suppliers earlier in the product innovation process
• Influence R&D and capture supplier innovation in the products to optimize the propositions and achieve the best value for Philips and its customers Develop innovative solutions to simplify, standardize or platform components or assemblies across the portfolio
You are responsible for
• An engineering professional providing cost reduction, quality improvement, and risk reduction via supplier engagement in Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects
• An engineering professional providing valuable product and supply base insights into the business
• Considered to be a key partner in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase. • Contributes to developing the product and supply base
• Understanding the principles of DfX (L1)
• Understanding the principles of the materials / goods flow
• Able to read and understand blueprints and other engineering documentation
• Understanding the principles of Executing new product introduction Projects • Participates in multi-disciplinary project teams and contributes to developing cost engineering processes • Exhibits engineering curiosity and willingness to experiment
• Is able to lead cost down, Quality up, and risk reduction projects and drives sourcing activities in new product introduction projects • Is able to manage reporting of results within the project teams. • Stimulates significant impact on the sourcing and cost price of a new product and supports total cost improvement discussions. • Based on supply value of ? € 10 M
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelors, master degree in a relevant industrial, technical, operational, or business discipline
• Engineering or Supply Chain related Professional with an 7-12 years proven track record
• Broad experience in R&D, Ops, and / or Quality
• Experience with Marketing
You will be a part of:
An organization that believes what you do every day can contribute to the innovative health technologies and solutions we develop that make a positive impact on billions of people every year. Including you. Because you will find when you work at Philips that your professional and personal lives often intersect in unexpected and fulfilling ways. It is our mission to improve people’s lives through meaningful innovation and we want you to play a central role in this by leading teams, driving projects, thinking strategically and inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
In return, we offer you:
Philips welcomes you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and grow.
Quality is on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role you will have an array of diverse career opportunities open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Why work on a project at Philips?
If you’re looking for meaningful work and a chance to tackle complex challenges, broaden your skills and expertise and become an even more sought after professional, you’ll find all that and more with project work at Philips.
The Randstad companies are responsible for finding talent to provide services at Philips. If you are selected to provide services for Philips, you will be employed by Randstad and will not be an employee of Philips.