PCBA Application Engineer CAD-E (Freelance)
The Application Engineer CAD-E is responsible for the definition and delivery of the Mentor Graphics based PCB Design solution (Xpedition) by collecting user needs from R&D engineers and implementing them. He/she is a functional specialist in the PCB design discipline and combines his expertise with small-scale projects to deploy solution updates (application SW deployment) to engineering team in cooperation with local IT, including (remote-)training and installation. He is the contact for the engineering community using the PCB Design solution and aligns and prioritizes their requirements within the direction set by the global platform team. He manages the solution lifecycle from identifying user needs to deploying the solution. He ensures operational excellence within his solutions scope.
• Technical know-how
• Specific knowledge of the electronic and printed circuit board design engineering discipline within the R&D domain and Mentor Graphics Expedition Enterprise, including middleware and interfaces to other disciplines.
• Overall knowledge of computer systems and operating systems.
• Good understanding of IT Operations, and management of R&D IT solutions
• General understanding of end-to-end R&D processes, related requirements for tooling and the impact.
• Education & Training
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Electronics Engineering
• Experience & Background
• + 3 years of relevant working experience as application support engineer (must have)
• Experience in deployment and training new R&D sites and users
• Experience as PCBA design engineer (pré)
• Experienced in communicating, connecting with and supporting technical oriented users (design engineers)
• Experience in regulated environments