Marketing Manager, Espresso (Freelance)
Shape a new category of Saeco espresso machines. You will balance strategic thinking and hands-on activities taking innovation ideas through to product development and market introduction.
You will enter the fast-paced, multinational environment of Philips Domestic Appliances, which is a leading player in full automatic espresso machines for domestic use globally.
You are responsible for
You will translate in-depth market-, consumer-, shopper insights as well as competitive analyses into winning value propositions. You will drive the full process of a new product category market introduction and define go-to market strategy. Specifically, in this role you will:
- Steer the product development process working in collaboration with external partners and agencies.
- You will be responsible for guiding a cross-functional project team into developing a winning proposition.
- Interact with various disciplines including Innovation, Technology & Development departments, Design, Marketing Communication, Marketing Intelligence and Supply.
- Quantify the opportunity and build business cases.
- Collaborate with our marketing teams from the local organizations across the globe, to capture local market needs and to ensure a flawless launch process.
- You will be responsible for the post-launch product range performance monitoring, reviewing key indicators like sales and gross margins, and propose actions accordingly.
You are a part of
You will be part of the Espresso consumer marketing team, within the Business Unit Coffee. The team is a diverse and international team, consisting of ambitious and committed marketing managers.
You will be working in a network of various stakeholders based in different locations, e.g. with the central marketing team based in The Netherlands, innovation and development teams based in Italy and The Netherlands and with local marketing and sales teams in countries worldwide.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MSc Degree in in Business Administration, Marketing or related fields with excellent academic track record
- At least 5 years of experience in an international business environment in the field of consumer marketing or product management
- Knowledge of the dynamics of marketing / brand management of consumer products/FMCG including new product introductions.
- Experience with translating market research and shopper insights into new propositions.
- Experience in project ownership and driving execution, by working with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams.
- Strong analytical, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strategic thinking in combination with a pragmatic attitude.