Manufacturing Cost Engineer (Freelance)
- Philips Drachten is a dynamic organization that designs and realizes consumer products by, developing and utilizing world-class industrialization solutions. As one of the leading innovation and manufacturing sites of Philips, the Philips factory in Drachten is constantly striving to improve performance of products and process for multiple businesses.
In this job you are responsible for
- Control the finances of the Site Manufacturing Engineering (SME) department, including but not limited to: Rolling Forecasts, Annual Operating Plan, Department finances.
- Support and improve department? financial reporting
- Per request and proactively advise and improve on all process and organization challenges from a financial-technical perspective
- Creating insights into the relationship between processes and costs and supporting management and project teams
- Connecting with Finance & Accounting (F&A) departments (Innovation & Development, factory, business) regarding financial related topics like, cost/savings, capex and capital planning and support of operational result analysis
- Initiating improvement opportunities, always searching for new developments and alternatives, which can have a great impact on the total business
- Review and understanding quotations of suppliers and provides feedback
- Execute on operational activities as Purchase Order (PO) initiation
You are part of:
In this role you are part of the Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO is responsible for the execution of all projects in Drachten Operations and reports directly to the Engineering director. The PMO consists of project leads, project support officers and financial engineers.
Within our factory we produce products for the business units Male Grooming, Mother & Child Care and Oral Healthcare as part of the Personal Health cluster of Philips. We employ 1100 employees in a 6-hall factory of 72,000 sq meters.
Operations is part of the Site Drachten, where we next to Operations activities also perform Innovation activities for Male Grooming, Female Depilation and Healthy Sleep solutions. In total we host 2100 employees in Drachten and a diversity of 35+ nationalities.
To succeed in this roll, you should have the following skills and experiences
- Minimal Bachelor's degree related to Finance
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience in a functional finance position
- Autonomous to drive own actions, results oriented and eager to learn
- Strong communication skills, in an international and matrix organization is a pre
- Advanced knowledge of relevant tools and systems (Microsoft Office/SAP/Clarity/Power BI/Qlik Sense knowledge)
- Continuous improvement mindset and knowledge of LEAN methodology
- Manufacturing processes and equipment knowledge
- Business process knowledge