Manager Operational Procurement Image Guided Therapy (IGT) and Diagnostic X-Ray (DXR) (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to be part of the Operational Materials Management (OMM) function in our factory located in Best. It is one of the main Operations sites for Health Systems within Philips worldwide. Our organization is driving operational excellence and manufactures, refurbishes, repairs and ships our medical devices & components in a safe, compliant, and effective manner. Next to this, the OMM function is also responsible for the preparation and introduction of changes on products/ components/production processes for released products and receiving and implementing manufacturing transfers from Industrialization engineering.
By joining this organization you will be part of the transformation journey towards a world class Operations organization to better serve our customers with speed and excellence. You will report into the Materials Management Site leader.
You are responsible for
- Manage and develop a team of approx. +15 people consisting of Operational Procurement buyers and material planners, Supplier Performance Managers, as well as End of Life (EOL) analysts
- To define and manage the integral logistics goods flow of materials between suppliers and factory, with minimal costs and inventories while maintaining the agreed component availability.
- Responsible for the operational procurement process between suppliers and factory, whereby component availability is ensured, while keep in mind the inventory, obsolescence cost and distribution cost targets
- Drive structural improvements of the supply chain performance of the (internal and external) suppliers of the factory (e.g. perform supply chain scans of suppliers as well as improve supply chain set-up/logistic performance agreements (LPA) with suppliers).
- Anticipate and respond to internal and external macro-economic factors that could put at risk material availability, working jointly with the organizations of Commodity Management, Procurement Engineering, R&D, Service, amongst others to accomplish solutions and mitigation actions (E.g. Engineering changes, End of Life, Shortages in Tier 3-4 components, etc.)
- Act as Process Owner for Medical Device Regulations and ICS regulations for operational procurement processes.
- Orchestrate the overall material availability confirmation that feeds into the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Cycle, including feasibility check, flexibility analysis jointly with suppliers, as well as monitoring of the integrated plan changes agreed with suppliers
- Act as point of escalation towards management of suppliers to resolve their SCM matters.
- Be accountable for the implementation of new ways of working and processes (including factory and global initiatives) to improve operational procurement processes.
- Be responsible for managing the daily management operating rhythm to manage material shortages, provide steer information in the existing weekly structures within the factory (Hotlist, Tier-2, Tier-3, COTS, Inventory, etc), and monthly S&OP cycle.
- You ensure overall compliance of your staff, making sure standard work is up to date, and making sure audits will be performed in a smooth and timeline manner
You are a part of
The Operational Material Management Team in Best. Together with this team you are owning and driving the supply chain processes in one of the biggest Operations sites for Health Systems. In close collaboration with the multiple Diagnosis & Treatment businesses we manufacture, refurbish and repair medical devices & components for our customers. In the team, you work closely together with the leaders of Planning & Execution Control, Logistics Services, NPI Supply Chain and Reverse Logistics to implement as one of the first operations sites within Philips the new operations blueprint next to the focus on the operational performance.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor / Masters degree in field of supply chain management or engineering.
- Five to ten years experience in procurement and supply chain management.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Experience in applying LEAN
- Knowledge of medical device regulations (FDA 21.CFR.820, ISO 13485) is a plus
- Experience in high-tech machine building industry is preferred.
- Experience with regional supply base of site Best preferred.
- The following character: strategic thinking, customer-focused, make-it-happen mentality, emphatically strong, able to build bridges, analytical, disciplined, precise.
- Affinity with ERP systems (SAP).
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).