Interim Legal Counsel / Philips Group Legal / M&A & Innovation: IT Legal Team (Freelance)
The position is within Philips Group Legal, located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. However, at this moment in time, as a result of the COVID crisis the team is predominantly home based, attending at the officer 1 or 2 days per week.
The position is within Philips- Legal Innovation and M&A Group (part of Group Legal) and more particularly the CTO & IT Team. You will be working closely together with our colleagues in IT, IT Procurement as well as with fellow in-house lawyers around the world. The IT team is comprised of 4 other lawyers with part time support from a paralegal. This position is to address the absence of one team member currently on sick leave and thereafter the maternity leave of another team member.
In your role as a.i. Senior Legal Counsel IT, you will work independently to provide legal support on all things digital and IT acting as a legal business partner for the procurement of IT services, software as a service propositions and software licenses. You will report to the Head of CTO & IT Legal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating supplier contracts ranging from simple to large scale and complex with often difficult time pressured negotiations;
- Advising on various legal and business aspects relevant to IT, including: infrastructure, networks, software licenses, saas and services, data protection, IT security, export control and intellectual property rights;
- Handling dispute resolution matters, including advice on course of action and any contractual and statutory requirements;
- Pro-actively identifying current and future risks and ensuring mitigation and/or prevention of such risks;
- Coaching less experienced counsels and paralegals in the team.
Due to our prominent position in the healthcare and lifestyle domains world-wide, you will be expected to tackle demanding, cross-border legal and compliance issues.
We are looking for an experienced interim IT contract lawyer, with:
- Availability until at least 31 January 2022;
- A Master's degree in law, and at least 5 years of relevant experience gained either (preferably) as in-house counsel or in private practice within an international context;
- Experience gained in a fast-paced technology company supporting IT contracting is desirable;
- Good business acumen and the ability to connect with people and other disciplines in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent drafting and communication skills in English;
- The ability to deal with a high workload and take rational but bold decisions under time pressure;
- An affinity for new technologies;
- A desire to work as "one of the team" and as a team player.