Frontend Developer (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to participate in healthcare focussed research projects where you will boost our innovations by creating front-ends for our research concepts. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the front-end technologies to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
You are responsible for/expected to
- the definition, design, implementation of front-ends in high quality in a team collaboration;
- comply and align with software development professionalism standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing);
- carry out complex development and prototyping tasks;
- have a good understanding of the stokeholder needs and ability to translate them to implementation requirement while considering the overall solution;
- promote domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding;
- promote trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally;
You are a part of
The Philips Research Software Concepts department in the Healthcare Informatics Concepts Team, developing advanced solutions for use in hospitals world-wide.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in software development as a Front-End Developer;
- Proven track record in development methodologies like Agile/Scrum/SAFE;
- A view and opinion on evolutions in Front-End development
- Experience in React is required;
- Background or interest in user experience design is a plus;
- Understanding of or experience in Java for back-end technology in the cloud is an advantage.
This role will appeal to you if you
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams;
- Are curious, open and feel at home in an international environment;
- Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements.
- Think you have what it takes to enable the healthcare users, of our innovations, to improve the lives of patients.
In return, we offer you
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. You will design, implement and test the modules, together with giving professional input to the technologic road-map. If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving people?s lives, you belong with us.
Why join the Philips Research team?
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development