In this role, you have the opportunity to
Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on AWS cloud-based infrastructures. You will bring in your expertise in the field of AWS and cloud technologies to support our teams in creating breakthrough medical innovations.
You are responsible for
The proper operation of IT resources in the AWS cloud together with your colleagues by:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing ?on premise? and AWS based IT environments;
- Support Research projects in implementing their applications stacks in the AWS cloud;
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains;
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements;
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products;
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class (cloud) security solutions;
You are a part of
The Philips Research Software Concepts department, developing advanced solutions for use in hospitals worldwide. More about Philips Research, you will find here: https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/home
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- B.Sc. or Master in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline;
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills;
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment;
- Experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies to develop and maintain secure AWS based cloud environments;
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes);
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Programming: Java, Python, Angular;
- Configuration management tools (GitLab/GitHub);
- Basic DB administration experience (MySQL/Postgres);
- Automated Testing (Selenium);
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies (Jira/Azure DevOps);
In return, we offer you
The chance to develop innovations that matter to people from the hospital to the home. You will design, implement and test the modules, together with maintaining the technology road map. If you enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere, with other professionals who share a passion for improving peoples lives, you belong with us.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what its like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.