Development Engineer Mechatronics (Freelance)
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop mechatronic solutions in male grooming appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team. Male Grooming creates products that deliver value for men when removing hair from head, face and body. Together with a multi-disciplinary team, you design and validate the mechatronic functions, including required part/modules, towards the final technical product documentation.
You are part of a multidisciplinary development team consisting of e.g. system engineers, function development engineers, application research specialists, electronic and mechanical engineers. You are an excellent hands-on engineer with a board technological background and a proactive team player. You show leadership to meet your personal and business goals and are a strong communicator.
You are responsible for
Developing innovative solutions for male grooming appliances, i.e. shavers, trimmers, clippers, bodygroomers and one-blades, from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
- Creating high quality mechatronic designs in both metal or plastics, according specification and which are mass producible;
- Influencing a multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within projects, e.g. steer a multi-disciplinary product development team and manage cross functional aspects;
- Managing product and element requirements, lead DFMEAs and follow the v-model methodology;
- Release products including components and sub-assemblies for mass production;
- Lead ideation sessions, drive concept creation and decision making;
- Proof that the developed construction fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (via e.g. calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, prototyping and testing);
- Creating detailed 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in C PLM system (Windchill);
- Planning and prioritizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts able to work via agile approach;
- Identifying gaps and implement improvements to bring the mechatronics development group to a higher level.
You will be part of the Mechatronic Engineering team that consists about 15 enthusiastic specialists. Male Grooming is an inclusive, diverse and open work environment that celebrating success regularly. Collaborating in a continuous improvement mindset, challenging each other enabling our growth.
You will be in touch with a broad variety of (international) stakeholders. You will report into the Mechatronic Engineering Group Leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics, specialized in mechatronics, with minimum 4 - 5 years of experience in the field of multi-disciplinary product development.
- Experience with working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
- Experience with mechatronic product design, including electronics, sensors and actuators.
- Experience in modeling and/or algorithm development in Matlab Simulink and/or C / C++ / Python.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechatronic constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
- Quality driven - experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being greenbelt certified) is a plus;
- Conceptual mindset and the ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- Determination in decision making and independence;
- Ambitious and leadership talent