Design Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to join our Experience Design team and project manage our External & Markets activities.
The ideal candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team representing a full range of design capabilities to drive the delivery of our broad based consulting assignments. Our focus is with healthcare customers that are seeking transformative solutions. Typical projects are:
• Hospital Design and Clinical Department redesign
• Interior design innovations
• Service design explorations
• Enterprise master planning
• Customer engagement sessions using co-create and design thinking methods
As the project manager you’ll play a pivotal role to enable strategic alignment and daily engagements between Design and Business teams. You ensure that the program team is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on-time and on-budget, as well as champion quality and integrity of the end result. The project manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the program.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and delivery-focused project manager with a strong design background to join us. So, if you delight in building cohesive well-functioning design teams and want to be part of a collaborative and dynamic culture that puts people in the centre, then this is probably the place for you.
You are responsible for
• The management and delivery of mid to large-scale ‘design for marketing’ projects.
• Representing Design in the engagements and briefing with Marketing and Business teams.
• Organizing resources, clarifying and aligning program goals, specifying the quality standard in the processes, creating planning and getting stakeholder buy-in.
• Providing harmonizing assets and guidelines, unifying practices and scalable solutions that bring efficiency and simplify our ways of work.
• Securing transparency and predictability on the progress and outcome of a project in all its metrics.
You are a part of
Philips Design, established in 1925, and one of the longest-established design organizations in the world. It has studios across the globe and a creative force of 500 professionals. We create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications.
You will join the Design Project Management community, which consists of about 40 people who all bring the project and operations management capability to strongly enable the delivery of design. You report to the global Project Management Office lead. If you are curious to read more about the Philips Design organization, click on the following link: https://www.philips.com/a-w/about/philips-design/our-people.html
• Project management skills. You have profound expertise in project management processes and knowledge areas, ranging from agile to waterfall methods. You can flexibly adjust and apply hybrid ways of work with a given context and desired project outcomes.
• Architecture and interior design. You are familiar with architectural and interior design processes (e.g. RIBA and AIA design processes)
• Continuous improvement. You are continuously looking for ways to improve delivery processes and eager to learn more about better ways of building teams. You do this in structured and methodical ways.
• Strong performance track. You are a fast learner and drive impact through teamwork. You are able to deal with complexity, and to develop the winning plan. You are flexible, being able to switch easily from short-term operational activities to more strategic long-term activities.
• Team dynamics. You understand the characteristics of high performing teams and have a wide variety of tools available to help drive/guide a team towards greater dynamics, collaboration and effectiveness. Key behavioral competences include business insight, balance stakeholders, direct work, ensure accountability, and build effective teams and nimble learning.
• Stakeholder relationships. You are able to cultivate and grow meaningful relationships with stakeholders, encourage engagement and alignment of expectations, and empathize with the challenges they are facing. You are comfortable with working in a corporate environment.
• Business acumen. You have a strong understanding of the commercial aspect of delivering projects and feel comfortable managing budgets and optimizing return on investment, as well as working with internal and external parties, such as external design agencies, to develop budgets, scope of work documents and planning.
• Positive and role modeling. You bring a positive and enthusiastic spirit to everything you do. You are eager to contribute to our company’s mission to improve people’s live through meaningful innovation, and role model our behaviors: customers first, quality and integrity always, team up to win, take ownership to deliver fast, and eager to improve and inspire.
Sign up for new opportunities