Design Agile Project Manager (Freelance)
Help improve the lives of millions of people, while advancing Philips digital transformation journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
As the agile project manager, you'll play a pivotal role in the Philips Innovation and Strategy. You will support the global Center of Excellence (CoE) for Usability to drive an outstanding and differentiated Philips experience for Philips worldwide.
Through enabling strategic alignment and daily engagements between Design and its stakeholders you ensure that the CoE team is poised to meet the objectives on-time and on-budget, as well as champion quality and integrity of the result. The Agile Project Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the program.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and delivery-focused project manager. So, if you delight in building cohesive well-functioning design teams and want to be part of a collaborative and dynamic culture that puts people in the centre, then this is probably the place for you.
You are responsible for
As Agile Project Manager, you orchestrate the CoE and manage towards successful design delivery. You work closely with the Design business partner, designers and stakeholders outside the organization to scope, plan and manage the development of new propositions and solutions.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Clarify and align budget, goals, planning, specify quality standards, get stakeholder buy-in
- Work with the CoE Lead and Architect to organize team backlog and drive daily management
- Manage the design execution towards the timely realization of the agreed deliverables
- Work in a structured and methodical way, utilizing company standard processes and toolset
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters ownership, creativity and innovation
- Secure transparency and predictability on the progress and outcome of the backlog in all its metrics
- Contribute to the project management community's performance and capability building
You are part of
Philips Design, established in 1925, and one of the longest-established design organizations in the world. It has studios across the globe and a creative force of 500 professionals. We create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications.
You will join the Design Project Management community, which consists of about 40 people who all bring the project and operations management capability to strongly enable the delivery of design. You report to the global Project Management Office lead. If you are curious to read more about the Philips Design organization, click on the following link: https://www.philips.com/a-w/about/philips-design/our-people.html
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Project management skills. You have profound expertise in project management processes and knowledge areas, ranging from agile to waterfall methods. You can flexibly adjust and apply hybrid ways of work with a given context and desired project outcomes.
- Agile/Lean ways of working. You have coached agile product teams at varying stages of the product lifecycle. You are able to discuss Agile fluently and are familiar with issue tracking tools. You are comfortable applying Daily Management and Problem Solving.
- Design background. You are comfortable working in creative environments and familiar with things as customer engagement strategies, experience flows and developing creative frameworks.
- Continuous improvement. You are continuously looking for ways to improve delivery processes and eager to learn more about better ways of building teams and products. You do this in structured and methodical ways.
- Strong performance track. You are a fast learner, drive impact through teamwork and have a strong dose of self-reflection. You can deal with complexity, and develop the winning plan. You have a high drive for personal development and champion a culture of encouraging constructive feedback.
- Team dynamics. You understand the characteristics of high performing teams and have a wide variety of tools available to help drive/guide a team towards greater dynamics, collaboration and effectiveness.
- Stakeholder relationships. You are able to cultivate and grow meaningful relationships with stakeholders, encourage engagement and alignment of expectations, and empathize with the challenges they are facing. You are comfortable with working in a corporate environment.
- Business acumen. You have a strong understanding of the commercial aspect of building a product and feel comfortable managing budgets and optimizing return on investment, as well as working with internal and external parties to develop budgets, scope of work documents and planning.
- Positive and role modeling. You bring a positive and enthusiastic spirit to everything you do. You are eager to contribute to our company's mission to improve people's live through meaningful innovation, and role model our behaviors: customers first, quality and integrity always, team up to win, take ownership to deliver fast, and eager to improve and inspire.