Customs and forwarding officer (Freelance)
On Site Support (OSS) Customs &Forwarding Officer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Take care of administrative activities to ensure delivery process of customer orders including invoicing. Goal is to have necessary documents to ship physical goods on time, correctly and complete at customer according to quality standards and in line with compliancy rules.
Your key responsibilities are: Creation of necessary documents for shipments with use of different tools (e.g. SAP, MIC)Pro-active communication to (internal) customers in a clear and customer centric way (e.g warehouse, order managers, export control)Communicate and align with carriers to ensure on time and correct shipment of goods. Archive all necessary documents for all shipments of customer orders related to customers and countries according to local legislation. Arrange legalization of all necessary documents (e.g. invoice, CoO) by Chamber of Commerce of the Netherlands on time and correct. Communicate and maintain all necessary information regarding shipments with all stakeholders including internal SharePoint overview. Ensuring controls like ICS & SOX are met and export control compliance. Escalate prompt to Team lead when problems are not solved on time and could impact delivery. Actively support the implementation of continuous improvement, eg LEAN tools such as Kaizens/A3.
You will work within the international OSS team consisting of 9 other enthusiastic, motivated and cooperative team members. The team consists 5 OSS officers and 4 Letter of Credit specialists. You will report to the head of IWD Operations and are therefore part of the IWD Operations group. This group is responsible for all outbound related document flows within the Philips supply chain.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Someone who is looking to make the first steps in the logistic process (starters function)Fluent in English and Dutch, both in words and in writing.
- Someone who has affiliation with Transport and Distribution management including import and export. Good general knowledge on logistical processes.
- Furthermore, you are an enthusiastic and motivated team-player.
- You can cope with stress, are precise, proactive, have a flexible mentality and you are able to work in a changing environment.
- You have good communication skills and are customer oriented and always sees opportunities to improve the processes (operational excellence).