In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to fundamentally improving people’s Health & Well-being through meaningful innovation whilst advancing your career in a global environment.
Come join us as an ad-interim Consumer Marketing Director in the highly successful Male Grooming business. You will enter the fast-paced, multinational environment of the Business Group Personal Care at the Philips Consumer Lifestyle Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You are responsible for
As a Consumer Marketing Director for FaceTrim subcategory you will focus on:
• Maximize the performance of the existing FaceTrim portfolio by updating the portfolio strategy and deploying it to the markets in close cooperation with Business Development and Country Marketing teams
• Analyze the market, competition, technology and developments, in order to find new business opportunities with new product-market combinations within the business strategy
• Steer the Product Development process from start to end, taking initial ideas through to product development and market introduction, including communication.
• Interact with various disciplines including Innovation, Technology & Development departments, internal and external design agencies, manufacturing units or external suppliers, marketing management, marketing communication and international sales organizations.
You are a part of
The FaceTrim sub-category, which is the strategic back bone of the Grooming portfolio, making 2/3rds of its total turnover with high profitability. Philips is a leader in this segment with a healthy business and ambitious future global plans. You will report into to the Sr. Consumer Marketing Director, coach a team of one Jr Consumer Marketing Manager and 2 interns. You will work in a network of various stakeholders based in the Netherlands and in key overseas markets (e.g., marketing specialists, key account managers).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• A completed Master degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related fields with excellent academic track record (an MBA is an extra asset)
• 8+ years of experience in a (preferably matrixed) international business environment (global or regional headquarters) in the field of consumer marketing or product management (experience with personal care and consumer electronics is highly preferred)
• Proven track record in portfolio management activities.
• Experience with translating market research and shopper insights into product concepts and new propositions.
• Proven track record in global consumer/retail brands with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple and diverse markets.
• Highly entrepreneurial; both analytical and hands-on to driving business growth (result oriented)
• Ability to think creatively whilst being firm enough to make, and act upon, clear decisions
• Excellent communication skills: ability to work with people of different seniority and backgrounds, informing, influencing, convincing, presenting, project mngt
• Business fluency in English (written & verbal) and one other language as an advantage
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.