Communications Manager Philips Innovation Center
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Devise and execute the strategy to put Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven on the map as the best place to work for (inter)national talent interested in improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation.
By ensuring the creation of amazing content, geared towards our products and services, innovations and Philips as a great place to work, for all internal and external communication channels of Philips in order to further strengthen the reputation of the company. The development of new, creative initiatives and formats is greatly encouraged.
Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven is the global heart of our innovation engine with locations in Eindhoven and Best and the largest of our four global innovation hubs. Driving its internal, regional, national and international reputation and enabling employees to become ambassadors of the company as a whole and the Brainport region specifically.
Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven is home to over 8,500 employees. It includes the global headquarters of Philips Research, Philips Design, Philips Innovation Services and Philips Intellectual Property & Services, as well as our largest European manufacturing and development facility in health technology.
The objectives of the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven are to:
• Unlock the full potential of the unique broad and deep capabilities available within Philips, with a focus on the Eindhoven area.
• Facilitate engagement with markets and stakeholders in all stages along the health continuum and co-create solutions with them.
• Create an inspiring, open and flexible ecosystem with a highly educated and talented community that brings clinical innovation, digital capabilities and high tech systems together.
You are responsible for
• Drawing up the strategic internal & external communications plan, in line with the Benelux brand & communications plan to position Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven (PICE) as a vibrant community of international talents, who are busy everyday improving the lives of people around the world through meaningful innovation.
• Drawing up a content & communications strategy to demonstrate and communicate Philips Innovation Leadership, supported by Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven activities using PR, internal media, owned media, and developing new (online/social) media, including a social ambassador program.
• Defining and leading the execution of communications plans around key milestone events such as Philips’ participation in the Dutch Design Week and Dutch Technology Week to fully leverage Philips’ presence during these events in all relevant in- and external and social media to strengthen the overall reputation & talent marketing objectives for the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven community.
• Leading a structured planning & rollout to ensure a perfect execution together with the integrated communications team.
• Ensuring that measurements in engagement and impact on brand & reputation are in place. Leading the continuous reporting of progress and results, set against the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven overall targets.
• Ensuring a Lean Way of Working in the communications team. The focus is on making results measurable and transparent via Daily Management.
• Ensuring great stakeholder management internally, with the board of the Philips Innovation Center Eindhoven senior management, but also other internal stakeholders.
Our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2030. Every day we move closer to achieving our goal by crafting state of the art solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our research and business provide unique opportunities to develop cutting-edge clinical solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space.
• A completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, communications, journalism or similar.
• Preferably more than 5 years' relevant experience in (internal and external) communications or a communications-related role in a complex organization, including experience of working with, or for, media outlets.
• Great creative communication skills, you speak and write native in Dutch, fluent in English.
• Experience in converting complex communication issues in the field of internal and/or HR communication into concrete strategic communication plans and their effective implementation, preferably in a commercial environment.
• Experience in making results measurable and transparent.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
• Decisive, proactive attitude.
• Excellent project- and event management skills and ability to deal with a range of projects simultaneously.
In return we offer you
A challenging and dynamic assignment in an organization that continuously strives to develop its talent. You will contribute to our mission to improve people’s lives around the globe through meaningful innovation. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.