Function: Communications Director, Domestic Appliances
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the communications for the transition of Philips’ Domestic Appliances business into a stand-alone organization. The Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances with successful products such as the Airfryer XXL, Automatic Coffee Machine with LatteGo, Perfect Care Elite steam generator, Air Purifier and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner.
You are responsible for
• Leading the integrated communications approach and project workstreams during the as part of the disentanglement process of Domestic Appliances Business from the Personal Health Cluster of Businesses.
• Developing and managing internal and external communications programs that support the Domestic Appliances Business communications plan in 2020 and set-it up for future growth. The program(s) may include preparation of content and execution of a range of a number of tactical elements, for example:
• Thought leadership content;
• Internal/External speaking engagements;
• Media and Social Media programs;
• Crisis and Issues management;
• Financial Communications;
• Employee engagement and communications;
• Company, customer and industry events;
• Ensuring understanding, joint-ownership and support of communications programs with business and marketing leadership.
• Sharing programs and subject expertise with market (and other) communications colleagues for activation/amplification.
• Measuring the success of the communications programs and ensuring they are delivered on-time, on-budget and meet or exceed agreed KPIs.
• Continuously adapting and evolving your programs based on feedback and results.
You are a part of
A team of communications professionals supporting the Personal Health Cluster and part of the wider Integrated Communications and Events function of Philips that includes expertise in Press Relations, Employee Communications, Content and Channels Communications and more! You will report into the Communications Business Partner for Personal Health and be part of the Domestic Appliances disentanglement team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Master-level University Degree with strong operational business competencies an advantage, with at least 7 years of experience in communications in an international matrixed/business environment;
• Experience working in the consumer and preferably small-appliances space;
• Experience in change management and being part of a transformation program such as a disentanglement or integration;
• Experience in developing and executing integrated communications plans;
• Strong stakeholder management experience with multiple and diverse groups, including business leaders;
• Experience briefing and manage a communications/PR agency;
• Ability to put a measurement program in place;
• Proven experience using a variety of internal and external communications channels.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences, and strive to create it wherever possible.
Sign up for new opportunities