Change Management Lead
Objective of the role
The Change Management Lead provides support to enable the integration of Carestream into Philips Healthcare informatics. Focus is on managing change impacts and risks associated with the organizational and cultural transformation and increasing stakeholder (change) adoption. The three core areas of responsibility include:
1) Develop and support execution of overall integrated change management plan
2) Coordinate closely with project office, communications and market & workstream leads to align on actions for increasing change adoption; specific focus should be put on working with the local team in Israel to align on actions for increasing change adoption
3) Develop change management capabilities through structured methodology, toolset and guidance.
The Change Management Leads responsibility is to ensure the definition and execution of a dedicated change management plan for the Carestream integration. He/she works closely with the Business Integration Leader and workstream leaders of (functional) integration workstream, e.g. the HR workstream from preparation of the integration plan up to and with post close execution, with the objective to realize the value creation from the acquisition in an effective way. The Change Management Lead works closely with Communications Business Partner to ensure alignment between the Change Management plan and Communications activities.
Specifically, the role:
• Drives the development of the central change management plan and supporting materials
• Drives the execution of a Change Management plan, including the following:
o Change management plan aligned with project plan (business case, scope, timeline, resources)
o Leadership Action plans to align key leaders
o Organizational assessment and change adoption survey
o Behavior/change journey
o Stakeholder analyses and
o Change impact assessment to monitor impacts and risks
o Change champion network (“change architecture”)
o Lessons learned, early wins and best practices (Bright Spots)
• Will work closely together with the Market Integration Project Lead to drive and execute the local change activities as per the local change plan
• Work together with program Communications to:
o Co-develop communications plan to address key stakeholders and provide ongoing communications (calendar, key messages, channels, owners)
o Plan and execute sensitive communications pertaining to restructuring and workforce transitions
• Develops Change Management capabilities by:
o Co-facilitating trainings for targeted groups in change management methodology and tools
o Create broad based access for methodology and tools and repository of relevant materials
o Provide support/coaching on change management
• Change Management background. Needs to have experience and expertise in the area of Change Management, ideally applied in complex deals (multiple countries, depth and breadth of change)
• Organization / coordination. Needs to be the central point for coordinating all integration activities within the HR workstream.
• Communication to employees and stakeholders
• Deal with uncertainty. Needs to balance the need for certainty with the need for action. Need to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and act according to PDCA (plan, do, check, and act).
• Unique business culture. Needs to appreciate (organizational) cultural differences and different management practices, utilize optimum change management methods, and define way forward as part of Philips.
• Pre-Post acquisition. Needs to identify risks and translate into an initial mitigation plan
• Complexity: Needs to be able to work in an effective and impactful way in complex governance models and matrix organization at both Philips and the acquired company. Can bridge and connect the acquired company with applicable resources within Philips organization.
- Inspiring leadership skills: inspiring commitment through communication and interpersonal skills
- ´Can do’ attitude using problem solving skills an ability to think creatively; takes ownership
- Diplomatic and influencing skills in cross-cultural context; sensitive to (organizational) cultural differences
- Strong cross-functional consultative skills
- Customer orientation
- Solid Philips Change Management knowledge
- Integration experience is considered an asset
- Having the ability to keep a helicopter view as well as a detailed understanding of the HR and business issues