Verification lead (test manager)
Philips Digital Computational Pathology - Our Mission:
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care, we want to be number one in empowering Pathologists with Digital Pathology Solutions via the best Pathology scanners, Image Management System, workflow and Image Analysis solutions available. This helps the pathology laboratory and the pathologists to work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care. Philips Digital Computational Pathology aims at digitizing the pathology workflow.
As a verification lead you manage the verification activities of the multidisciplinary Digital Pathology Solutions as well as the verification activities of the different subsystems such as the Ultra Fast Scanner, IMS application software and IT Hardware/Software components. You will work closely with the verification engineers, architects, HW/SW designers and Project Managers. You will be able to work on parallel projects and work with different scrum teams (both SW and HW oriented).
The verification lead manages all test activities in a development project. This starts already during the feasibility phase, with the involvement of the verification engineers (approx. 5FTE per project), to assure efficient and effective testing in the project (to test the right things, at the right time, with the right means) based upon test risk analysis.
Detailed tasks/responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the Verification plan including a test strategy
- Reports verification progress/results and product quality towards the project manager
- Reports on final verification results and traceability that is compliant within a regulated environment
- Be able to pro-actively handle ad-hoc changes in priority/planning.
- Can also assist in test execution during the various development phases
- Supports verification engineers in determining technical approach of tests within the project (test design).
- You coach the team in good documentation practices (GDP);
- Specifies requirements for system test tools, to support automated testing but also test engineering in general.
- Pro-actively comes up with improvement ideas in the way-of-working, both to improve efficiency and quality.
- You are a strong team player with excellent communicational skills, able to convey information in a clear and structured manner.
- You have a bachelor or master degree (BSc or MSc) in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or software engineering.
- You have knowledge and experience (minimum 5 years) in the field of testing complex systems in a medical device environment.
- You have experience in managing test projects for at least 2 years.
- You have knowledge of product development processes such as Agile and SCRUM.
- You have experience with functional and non-functional tests such as performance, scalability and load tests.
- ISEB or ISTQB advanced certification .
- Detailed understanding of Test Design and Test Techniques & Methods.
- Knowledge of HP ALM is a plus.
- Sound understanding of medical regulations and standard (FDA 820.x, IEC60601, IEC62304, ISO13485, ISO14971, AAMI TIR45) is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication in the English language.
- Positive thinker and improvement mindset.