Help us to advance healthcare by creating innovative solutions for healthcare providers as well as the patients. In healthcare, there are many opportunities and challenges to improve the lives of patients by designing solutions for patients and the healthcare organizations that provide care to them.
Philips is seeking an UX Designer for designing and building a demonstrator for Oncology with a modular and harmonized UI. Interaction design skills, visual design skills and experience in building a demonstrator is important.
Workflow analysis and identifying common features across multiple applications are activities that are completed and are seen as important input for the UX Designer.
This role will be based in our Eindhoven location and we need someone who is passionate about people and healthcare and can create solutions for a broad range of healthcare related problems.
You are responsible for
At Philips, we follow a human-centered design process including analysis, exploration, storytelling, concept design, prototyping, concept and usability testing.
The ideal candidate has strong visualization, interaction and prototyping skills in addition to being comfortable working collaboratively within multidisciplinary team.
• [analysis/research] Understanding people, business and societies, framing the problem with a strong focus on user needs and requirements
• [creation/validation] Creating user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with DLS and Brand guidelines
• [process/delivery] Executing on scope, driving own efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
• [stakeholder focus] Focusing on the customer, collaborating, partnering and co-creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
• [team] Contributing to effective teamwork, receiving guidance and being a pro-active team player, offering a point of view
You would be part of a global design team to deliver best in class experiences and solutions used by clinicians, patients, healthcare consumers and healthcare administrators.
• Bachelor degree in Design, Design Research or related discipline, or equivalent professional Design training experience.
• Minimum 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrable design or design research experience from relevant companies, agencies, institutions or own consultancy.
• Understands and applies broader business and market context, able to synthesize different perspectives and reframe the design challenge
• Independently drives and executes design solution creation within a project team, thinking holistically in eco-systems
• Independently leads projects of average complexity with good understanding of budget and time constraints, driving efficiency and holding project level design quality reviews
• Works together with or consulting business stakeholders, actively managing relationships and challenging the status quo to drive innovation and step-up for the user
• Effectively guides internal and external resources on project basis
• Experience with Sketch, InVision and prototyping tools, being flexible in adapting towards new tools and way of working
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
In return, we offer you
An exciting and unique opportunity to work in a dedicated team of highly engaged and talented team members. You will be challenged beyond your core competencies in an environment that rewards those that take ownership and deliver.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Sign up for new opportunities