In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help us to advance healthcare by creating innovative solutions for healthcare providers as well as the patients. In healthcare, there are many opportunities and challenges to improve the lives of patients by designing solutions for patients and the healthcare organizations that provide care to them.
Philips is seeking an UX Designer. This role will be based in our Eindhoven location and we need someone who is passionate about people and healthcare. You will be working in a design team focussed on patient monitoring, creating concepts, interaction design , visual design and specifications.
You are responsible for
At Philips, we follow a human-centered design process including analysis, exploration, storytelling, concept design, prototyping, concept and usability testing.
The ideal candidate has healthcare experience, experience in development of mobile applications and is able to drive concept, interaction, visual and specifications design. Overall you are comfortable working collaboratively within multidisciplinary team.
• [analysis/research] Understanding people, business and societies, framing the problem with a strong focus on user needs and requirements
• [creation/validation] Creating user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with DLS and Brand guidelines
• [process/delivery] Executing on scope, driving own efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
• [stakeholder focus] Focusing on the customer, collaborating, partnering and co-creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
• [team] Contributing to effective teamwork, receiving guidance and being a pro-active team player, offering a point of view
You are a part of
You would be part of a global design team to deliver best in class experiences and solutions used by clinicians, patients, healthcare consumers and healthcare administrators.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Presently enrolled in a Masters or Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design
• Able to articulate a clear “point-of-view” of both problem and solution
• Strong interest in design for HealthCare
• Confidence interacting/interviewing with Healthcare staff
• Evidence of course work related to user centered design process
• Collaborative team player; self-motivated, pro-active thinker and maker
• Experience with Sketch, InVision and prototyping tools, being flexible in adapting towards new tools
• Working Knowledge of front-end development processes and technologies
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Willingness and ability to travel to customers globally
In return, we offer you
An exciting and unique opportunity to work in a dedicated team of highly engaged and talented team members. You will be challenged beyond your core competencies in an environment that rewards those that take ownership and deliver.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.