Experienced Thermal Technologist
End-to-end responsibility for thermal management and thermal dynamics in high-performance mechatronic systems. MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering/Applied Physics (preferably thermal or flow specialization).
You will be responsible for the thermal management in Mechatronic development projects. Your activities range from thermal design studies with Matlab in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance by thermal, thermo-mechanical and CFD modelling in Ansys (FEM) in the detailed engineering phase. Additionally experimental validation of the predicted thermal/flow behavior in our customers’ systems is a crucial aspect of your contribution. Multi-disciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success.
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to serve our customers in bringing their innovations to market. The Mechatronics department, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system design approach which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
The Mechatronics Technology group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 30 specialists in the field of Control, Dynamics, Acoustics, Smart Sensing, Tribology and Thermal management. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductors and solar power.
• An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
• A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast.
• Training and guidance to become an independent thermal & flow technologist
• Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains
• Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
We are looking for
• A MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics (preferably thermal or flow) is a must.
• 3 – 5 years of work experience is a must.
• Knowledge of FEM (e.g. Ansys/Comsol) is a must;
• Solid experience with experimental validation of thermal models;
• Customer centric attitude interested in executing R&D projects for customers.
• Solid analytical attitude
• Knowledge of modelling in Matlab/Simulink is desired;
• Knowledge of modelling in Macroflow is desired;
• Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred;
• Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers.
• Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English;
• Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges.
• Willingness to travel globally and regularly