Test engineer (Contract)
Test and Verification Engineer Philips Beauty
In this role, you have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the verification of innovative products. You take ownership of the development of test methods, derive test equipment requirements from product requirements, execute and report verification tests.
You will significantly contribute to the verification of innovative consumer products on safety and quality aspects.
You are responsible for
- Review, comment and propose product requirements to ensure testability and "design for test".
- Assisting the development lead to create smart test designs regarding feasibility (costs, timing, quality, location).
- Establish and maintain verification methods and tools.
- Tests and measurements coordination, execution, and reporting.
- Analyzing and post-processing of measurement data.
- Contribute to functional continuous improvement plan and knowledge base.
You are a part of
The Test and Verification group, a group within the product development department of the Innovation Site Eindhoven, is located at the center of the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. The T&V group consists of approximately 30 people, highly flexible, dynamic, and multi-cultural. You will work on the verification of newly developed Philips Beauty products like Philips Lumea (IPL (Intense Pulse Light) together with functional developers, product architects, and quality assurance managers.
You will report functionally to your assigned project manager and hierarchically to the Group Lead Test and Verification.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Technical background, preferably mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or physics. Needs certainly an understanding of mechanics, electronics, and software to use and improve test and measurement equipment.
- 5 years of experience in the field of test and verification within product development.
- Experience related to the development and testing of medical (FDA regulated) products is preferred. (ISO 13485, 21CFR820).
- Practical, with a strong hands-on mentality, also able to manage and delegate tasks when necessary.
- Good project management skills, ability to work in a structured and transparent way by defining working packages, and appropriate status reporting.
- Fluent written and verbal English skills as this are the primary language in the office.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Quality mindset and comfortable with documentation; understands what objective evidence is.
- Experience with DFSS green belt techniques is a plus.